none
CodedUI and Path RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I guess this topic has been covered many a times in these forums. My question is regarding what is the best approach to find the location of your application when running automated ui test. I am executing it via VS Test build and my approaches to split the path out using AppDomain or TestContext would fail depending on whether am running TestAssemblies or TestPlan from VSTS Build Processes.

Could someone let me know what is the recommended approach that could make things work irrespective of how am running it ?

Anu Viswan : www.AnuViswan.blogspot.com

Friday, February 23, 2018 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Anu,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I am executing it via VS Test build and my approaches to split the path out using AppDomain or TestContext would fail depending on whether am running TestAssemblies or TestPlan from VSTS Build Processes.

Based on my understanding, you use VSTS build process to run your coded UI test, and you use task “Visual Studio Test” in your build, right?

How do you split the path out using AppDomain or TestContext? Please provide the detail information help us understand your issue, thanks for your understanding.

In addition, following blogs describe executing automate tests using vNext Build might helpful for you, please take a look:

# Running Automated Test on agent machine using vNext Build

# Executing Automated tests in Build vNext using Test Plan, Test Suites

In the end, this forum is discussing problems in Microsoft Test manager(MTM), you can also post the problems in stackoverflow where you will also hear from us.

Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:56 AM