about what ya sent me RRS feed

• Question

• uh i clicked on the link ya sent me to click on to go directly to the manufacturer website of my hard  drive right, when i click where it tells me to click at, the delete partition is not highlighted for me to click on. i click on the Healthy-system by right clicking, it does not highlight like the rest of the other stuff. is there any other way that i can do that maybe. and what topic of a question is not topic off too.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:34 AM

Answers

• BKing,

Please reference your previous post located here:  http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2392482&SiteID=25 . 

This forum only addresses Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) questions. You are needing help that is outside what this forum is established to answer such as deleting paritions and other topics. In turn I provided you with various links and a forum in hopes that would point you in the right direction. If the links can't provide answers for networking and hardware then I would recommend visiting a repair shop/facility for assistance. 

Thank you Bking.

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:32 PM

All replies

• BKing,

Please reference your previous post located here:  http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2392482&SiteID=25 . 

This forum only addresses Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) questions. You are needing help that is outside what this forum is established to answer such as deleting paritions and other topics. In turn I provided you with various links and a forum in hopes that would point you in the right direction. If the links can't provide answers for networking and hardware then I would recommend visiting a repair shop/facility for assistance. 

Thank you Bking.

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:32 PM
  • Hey Stephen, when i do as the instructions says. when i get down to 3&4,  i do not see no unallocated space where it lists my hard drive, and when i right click the blue partition bar like it says, the Delete Partition is dim so i cannot click on it, even the new partition is dim too. alright i do as it says, go to My Computer, right click on it, left click manage, then Computer Management pops up, right click on Disk Management,  then it shows my hard drive besides the letter of it. once i right click on it, the delete partition, and format is dim where i cannot click on either one of them, plus the Make Partition an Active, those are the 3 thats dim where i cannot click on them when i do as to what the instructions says to do. but let me ask you this, if i format it right, wont i lose all my datd saved on that hard drive.  but when i right click on My computer, i see where it says hard disk drives, when i right click on my hard drive letter and all, i see format under there with the rest and it is not dimmed under that part. i can click right on it, it alerts me that i will lose data before proceeding. so tell me what i can do now, ok buddy. i am sending ya My Computer link so ya can see the hard drive thats on here, ok here is goes or i cannot do it seem like, it sure does not buddy.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 2:54 AM
  • uh this right here is my hard drive :AV49PN (CSmile thats the Local Disk right. the File System is FAT32, Free Space is 8.06GB, and the Total Size is 18.6GB, so now ya see i need to go on and try to put the new hard drive on, dont ya. i tried before, but when i do, the system acts like it do not wanna recognize it, cause it says disk boot error once i  hook it up and then turn it on, yeah. so help me out on this, ok buddy. ya help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:00 AM