Question about two MCP ID's RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I need to have two separate MCP ID's. If you are askin"why?" - answer is:

I'm working for two different companies, and they both need different parts of mine competencies. One pays for one exams, another - for another exams. And it is not allowed to associate one Live ID with two companies. Therefore I have two different Live ID's with different MCP profiles and MCP ID's.

Now Microsoft found this and asked to join these two profiles into one. But I CAN'T do this. Because these competencies are payed by different companies.

Questions are:

1. Where is written in Microsoft policies or any other rules that one person MUST have one MCP ID and not two?

2. What are the ways to solve this conflict?

Urgent answer is needed....

Zilvinas

Monday, June 7, 2010 10:28 AM

Answers

• That's right Alfredo!

For practical reasons really, it is much prefered to use just one Live ID so we have all your data in one place. It helps us build a single transcript for you that shows all your certifications in one place and it makes it much easier for you to use our program's resources and benefits. But we don't enforce it, it simply works better that way. If, for any reason, you have used several IDs in the past and you would like to have all your certifications gathered on one transcript, please contact our service centers who may be able to help (each case needs to be looked at, we may or may not be able to resolve such issues but will of course see what we can do!).

kind regards,

Tjeerd Veninga

MCT Community Lead Microsoft

• Proposed as answer by Alfredo MCSA Friday, June 25, 2010 2:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:57 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 9:46 PM
  • HI Silvakas,

I kept myself curious about your question. About this issue, I queried the Microsoft Learning Community. The answer that I got is:

"Hello

We at Microsoft Learning know why it is important to have one MC ID and glad you asked as we are glad to share the information! Microsoft does not encourage the creation of multiple MC IDs for one individual due to the negative impact it will have on their experience with the Microsoft Certification Program.  When multiple profiles are created, that individual will no longer have the ability to see all of their certifications on one transcript.  They would also not have the ability to enter the Certificate Manager tool and see all of their available certificates to download / order.  In addition, they might receive irrelevant program information since their entire history is not captured in one view.  All of these factors, coupled with a few others will lead to a very disjointed experience for the customer.

Having said all of this – it is not explicitly required for a Microsoft Certified Professional to have one ID, but it is HIGHLY recommended for their own ease of use with the Member sites and the Microsoft Certification Program."

Regards,

Alfredo Arizaleta

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no express or implied warranties or rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Alfredo MCSA Friday, June 18, 2010 1:21 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Silvakas,

I had this issue once. There was a time where Microsoft exams were on Prometric and in Vue. I use both Ids and I messed up everything. When I went to my records to look after my certifications I was in between. In this case you're two different persons to Microsoft. 

Please call to the nearest MCP Support center to explain your case . You may have to provide copies of the test results on request. Simply because, you must have them. If positive, they will consolidate all the info. Beware that the Prometric ID must be unique. If you have two, you have to do the job to transfer all your certifications info to your selected ID.The ID is yours, not of the either company.http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/assisted-support.aspx

1. Where is written in Microsoft policies or any other rules that one person MUST have one MCP ID and not two? I don't know, but you can't be two different persons at once. One is false or not representative. This also could lead to missing information. Who are you?, this or the other one?

Alfredo Arizaleta

Just begining
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 3:21 AM
  • HI Silvakas,

I kept myself curious about your question. About this issue, I queried the Microsoft Learning Community. The answer that I got is:

"Hello

We at Microsoft Learning know why it is important to have one MC ID and glad you asked as we are glad to share the information! Microsoft does not encourage the creation of multiple MC IDs for one individual due to the negative impact it will have on their experience with the Microsoft Certification Program.  When multiple profiles are created, that individual will no longer have the ability to see all of their certifications on one transcript.  They would also not have the ability to enter the Certificate Manager tool and see all of their available certificates to download / order.  In addition, they might receive irrelevant program information since their entire history is not captured in one view.  All of these factors, coupled with a few others will lead to a very disjointed experience for the customer.

Having said all of this – it is not explicitly required for a Microsoft Certified Professional to have one ID, but it is HIGHLY recommended for their own ease of use with the Member sites and the Microsoft Certification Program."

Regards,

Alfredo Arizaleta

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no express or implied warranties or rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Alfredo MCSA Friday, June 18, 2010 1:21 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 1:19 PM
  • That's right Alfredo!

For practical reasons really, it is much prefered to use just one Live ID so we have all your data in one place. It helps us build a single transcript for you that shows all your certifications in one place and it makes it much easier for you to use our program's resources and benefits. But we don't enforce it, it simply works better that way. If, for any reason, you have used several IDs in the past and you would like to have all your certifications gathered on one transcript, please contact our service centers who may be able to help (each case needs to be looked at, we may or may not be able to resolve such issues but will of course see what we can do!).

kind regards,

Tjeerd Veninga

MCT Community Lead Microsoft

• Proposed as answer by Alfredo MCSA Friday, June 25, 2010 2:53 AM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 9:46 PM
  • I have same problem. How can i solve this problem?
    Monday, December 19, 2011 10:55 AM