none
My SSD (Drive C) is not enough.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, so yesterday I got my new Gaming PC. 
    I bought an SSD which is 21 GB just to put windows on it.
    BUT, along with the Windows files some more files are put which I cant delete. These ohter folders and files arent that big, maybe 1GB or 1.5, not more. Windows is taking like 19 or 20 GB on Drive C so it is now full, and I cant do anything with it.
    I want to update Windows through Windows Update but Drive C is just so full that I cant even do that. half way of the update, it will be cancelled cause there is not enough space on Drive C. 
    Even though I havent installed anything on my Drive C is full. What can I do? 
    P.S.I have already deleted everything that wasnt needed and I have Also cleared the Disk..... It is really frustrating. 

What can I do????????? 

I thought 20 GB would be enough, but it seems its not..

• Edited by Nick An Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:59 AM
    • Moved by litdev Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:59 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:58 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 1:45 PM

All replies

• This is the forum for Small Basic a learning programming language.

Your question doesn't have anything to do with the topic.

21 GB SSD sound very strange but you can try to run Disk Cleanup.

You may even have to take the risk and disable system protection (system restore) from control panel.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!"

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:28 AM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 1:45 PM