problem with sharing an account in crm 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to share one account(Account A) record with another user(user A) but for some reason, it was failing. below are the details of my trails so far.

1. tried to share the account with another. still not working

2. tried to share another account with User A. worked.

3. the issue issue is apearing in both DEV and PROD environments.

4. this account was created way back in 2006 when crm 3.0 is running. now we are using crm 4.0 (in-place upgrade).

It appears like the issue is only with that record and doesn't come across with any other records until now. please help me solving this issue.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

We have approached Microsoft support for this issue and found that the record is being shared properly. the only issue is the users information to which the account is shared is not reflecting the 'shared users' list ( a window that pops up when u click on 'sharing' action). The issue is still not resolved, I have my fingers crossed and hoping for the resolution at the earliest.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:19 PM

All replies

• Does CRM prompt you any error screen? suggest you to enable trace log and post the error description here.

Maybe it just missing some privilege only. Log file will you which is missing.

regards,
    Toong Yang
    http://eastoceantechnical.blogspot.com/
    • Edited by Toong Yang Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:30 AM typo
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:30 AM
  • A quick way to try out would be to make User A as the system administrator. Login as a system Administrator and share this record with User A who is also a system administrator. If the above doesnt work... it might not be security issue but something gone wrong with the record... HTH Sam
    Web: http://www.inogic.com
    Blog: http://inogic.blogspot.com
    Email: news@inogic.com
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Thanks  for the reply.

I tried to share another account to the same 'user A' which was working fine. I feel its not the problem with the securities. for all other records the things are working fine. only for this record I am facing this issue. its not a problem with sharing the account with 'User A' for that matter, for other users also the sharing is not working for this account.

I will try and get the trace log and post it here..

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:48 PM
  • Hi all,

Here is the trace log informaton... seems like it says the user doesn't exist... but I am sharing the record with me (system administrator).. any thougths...

at CrmException..ctor(String message, Int32 errorCode)
    at CrmObjectNotFoundException..ctor(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker)
    at BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32[] deletionCodes, Int32 languageCode)
    at BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32[] deletionCodes)
    at BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context)
    at RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at LogicalMethodInfo.Invoke(Object target, Object[] values)
    at InternalOperationPlugin.Execute(IPluginExecutionContext context)
    at PluginStep.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at Pipeline.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at MessageProcessor.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at InternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at ExternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(String messageName, Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, PropertyBag fields, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at RequestBase.Process(Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at RequestBase.Process(CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at CrmServiceInternal.Execute(RequestBase request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at InProcessCrmService.Execute(Object request)
    at PlatformCommand.ExecuteInternal()
    at RetrieveCommand.Execute()
    at DataSource.Retrieve(String entityName, Guid entityId, String[] columns)
    at GetSharedAccessRights.GetName(SecurityPrincipal principal)
    at GetSharedAccessRights.ConfigurePage()
    at AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    at Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    at Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at Page.ProcessRequest()
    at Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
    at Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at inx__grid_cmds_getshareaccess_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    at ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)
    at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
    at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNoDemand(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType)
    >Crm Exception: Message: systemuser With Id = b1a958dd-d602-466c-b2d3-680a07a4588b Does Not Exist, ErrorCode: -2147220969

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:12 AM
  • here is another trace log... I think its the correct one... its  says 'There should be only one owner party for an activity'... any solution guys...

at CrmException..ctor(String message, Int32 errorCode)
    at GenericActivityServiceBase.InternalAssign(BusinessEntity entity, SecurityPrincipal assignee, ExecutionContext context)
    at CascadeEngine.CascadeAssign(CascadeRecordSet recordSet, Dictionary`2 monikerToEntity, SecurityPrincipal assignee, ExecutionContext context)
    at CascadeEngine.AssignDB(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, SecurityPrincipal assignee, ExecutionContext context)
    at BusinessProcessObject.Assign(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, SecurityPrincipal assignee, ExecutionContext context)
    at RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
    at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at LogicalMethodInfo.Invoke(Object target, Object[] values)
    at InternalOperationPlugin.Execute(IPluginExecutionContext context)
    at PluginStep.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at Pipeline.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at MessageProcessor.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at InternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    at ExternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(String messageName, Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, PropertyBag fields, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at RequestBase.Process(Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at RequestBase.Process(CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at CrmServiceInternal.Execute(RequestBase request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId)
    at InProcessCrmService.Execute(Object request)
    at PlatformCommand.ExecuteInternal()
    at DataSource.Assign(Guid entityId, String entityType, SecurityPrincipal principal)
    at AssignDialogForm.ConfigureForm()
    at AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
    at Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
    at Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    at Page.ProcessRequest()
    at Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
    at Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at inx__grid_cmds_dlg_assign_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
    at CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    at ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)
    at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
    at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNoDemand(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType)
    >Crm Exception: Message: There should be only one owner party for an activity, ErrorCode: -2147220989

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:15 AM
  • so it appears that there is an issue with an activity related to the Account.  I suspect some data corruption is at the root of the error.   I suspect you are going to need to try and find the activity that is causing the issue and delete it or fix it directly through the database, which, by the way, most likely won't be a supported change.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, November 19, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Thanks Edwards for your thoughts.

We approached Microsoft Support and will let u know the status soon.

Monday, November 21, 2011 11:42 AM
  • Hi All,

We have approached Microsoft support for this issue and found that the record is being shared properly. the only issue is the users information to which the account is shared is not reflecting the 'shared users' list ( a window that pops up when u click on 'sharing' action). The issue is still not resolved, I have my fingers crossed and hoping for the resolution at the earliest.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:19 PM
  • Great, thanks for the follow-up!

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:38 PM