how do i post the answer to a question i posted. No one on fourm had working answer. Wanted to mark as answered. RRS feed

• Question

• couldn't find info on how to mark post answered. WHEN I was the person to find the answer.  wanted to post my fix so if anyone else had that problem they would see at least one workaround.

i tried to edit my post to add answer.   and close the thread.  i couldn't find a way to do that.

Mark j

Mark J

Monday, February 24, 2020 6:27 PM

Answers

• You should be able to reply to your own question and then mark that reply as an answer.
    • Marked as answer by PuzzledByWord Monday, February 24, 2020 10:26 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2020 7:30 PM
  • this test to see if i can reply to my post AND   BE    ABLE TO MARK MY REPLY AS ANSWER. MJ

Mark J

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:26 PM

All replies

• Do you have a link? Assuming a Question (not General discussion) type, you should have some option and bottom of post.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 24, 2020 6:58 PM
  • Dave Patrick,

Maybe i was not clear enough.

yes, that is what i do when SOMEONE ELSE posts answer to my question.  I have been doing that for many years.

"MARK AS ANSWER"  DOES NOT SHOW WHEN I POST A QUESTION.

NOR DOES IT SHOW EVEN IF I EDIT MY POST OF A QUESTION, >>>> TO SHOW THE ANSWER TO MY POST I FOUND.<<<<

Mark J

Mark J

Monday, February 24, 2020 7:25 PM
  • You should be able to reply to your own question and then mark that reply as an answer.
    Monday, February 24, 2020 7:30 PM
  • Sounds like you may have started a thread type General discussion rather than Question. If so you can change it.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, February 24, 2020 7:31 PM
  • This question is the only recent thread I see of yours:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/a1e2fd2b-bdb6-4621-a4f6-e55431036a68/qry-get-integer-from-txtbox-on-form-the-qry-will-not-display-anything-but-first-value-used-unless-i?forum=accessdev#a1e2fd2b-bdb6-4621-a4f6-e55431036a68

It looks like you marked your last reply in the thread as answer a little over 3 hours ago, but then immediately umarked it.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Monday, February 24, 2020 9:32 PM
  • Richard,

because i goofed.  I "Mark as answer"  to an answer by someone else that was NOT the answer.  so i UN Marked as answer.

1. i have not ever before been able to REPLY to my OWN post.   HAS THAT CHANGED?

2. DO NO SEE AN OPTION FOR ME TO >>> MARK AS ANSWER <<< TO MY ORIG POST.

3. PLEASE look at top of this page.   Notice that ONLY choices i had was "Reply or Quote"  

4. Yes I did LOOK at everything i could find about what to do when the orig poster is the ONLY one with a working answer.  And DID NOT want to mark as answer posts that were NOT a working answer.

I hope this makes it clear what happened.

Mark J

Mark J

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:16 PM
  • Dave,

please look at the top of this page.     Notice that "Mark as answer | Propose as answer"  does NOT appear under my orig post.

everywhere i looked for answers to how to "mark as answer" when the answer was mine.    i DID NOT FIND IT.  so i had to post to the closest forum i could find for an answer.

mj

Mark J

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:22 PM
  • Richard,

because i goofed.  I "Mark as answer"  to an answer by someone else that was NOT the answer.  so i UN Marked as answer.

1. i have not ever before been able to REPLY to my OWN post.   HAS THAT CHANGED?

2. DO NO SEE AN OPTION FOR ME TO >>> MARK AS ANSWER <<< TO MY ORIG POST.

3. PLEASE look at top of this page.   Notice that ONLY choices i had was "Reply or Quote"  

4. Yes I did LOOK at everything i could find about what to do when the orig poster is the ONLY one with a working answer.  And DID NOT want to mark as answer posts that were NOT a working answer.

I hope this makes it clear what happened.

Mark J

Mark J

Do you have a link to problematic thread?

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:22 PM
  • i will try. BUT i NEVER been able to before.  i am NOT a moderator. so maybe someone at that level can do that.

Mark J

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:24 PM
  • this test to see if i can reply to my post AND   BE    ABLE TO MARK MY REPLY AS ANSWER. MJ

Mark J

• Dave,

please look at the top of this page.     Notice that "Mark as answer | Propose as answer"  does NOT appear under my orig post.

everywhere i looked for answers to how to "mark as answer" when the answer was mine.    i DID NOT FIND IT.  so i had to post to the closest forum i could find for an answer.

mj

Mark J

Top of what page? Please post a link.

• First, I cannot see the options you see. I can only see what others have done, and what I am allowed to do. I am not a moderator in that forum, so I cannot mark any answers, although I can propose answers. Only the person that asked the question, and moderators, can mark answers (as I recall).

What I see in the thread is that you marked your own reply as answer, not someone else's. But then you immediately unmarked it. Maybe the system somehow did that.

I will see if I can find a question I asked to verify if I have the option of marking my own reply to a question I asked as an answer.

Edit: The only question I found by PuzzledByWord in the last month is the one I linked above.

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:28 PM
  • RLWA32,

I WISH I HAD SEEN  YOUR POST FIRST.

WOULD HAVE SAVED ME LOTS OF TYPING.    HERE IS HOPING THIS FEATURE WORKS ON ALL FORUMS.

ONLY THING I CAN SAY BEFORE I WAS ONLY ABLE TO REPLY TO OTHERS.

THANKS,

MARK j

Mark J

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:29 PM
  • Richard, yes, I see this all the time where users mark their own replies as answer, and now this thread is another example.

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:32 PM
  • And I found a question I asked in the Sandbox forum months ago. I replied, and I have the option of marking my reply as answer. But of course, I cannot mark the question as an answer.

Monday, February 24, 2020 10:47 PM