HELP! Getting a trial Windows 7 and going back to Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this on a different forum, but I believe it was Visual Studio specific, and this question isn't Visual Studio specific.  So here it is again, if you've already come across it.  Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Ok so right now I have Windows Vista Basic.  I know its not great but for me it works fine cause I just get on the internet.  

So to my problem.  I took a programming class online, but I haven't really d<dfn class="dictionary-of-numbers" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">one much in it</dfn>because I was always tired in the morning and pretty unmotivated.  For this class I need Visual Studio 2012.  This is not supported by Vista, however I notice Windows<dfn class="dictionary-of-numbers" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;"> 7 supports it</dfn>.

I looked up how to get Windows 7, but you have to pay and stuff, or download illegally through sketchy veins, and I'm pretty leery of that.  I have come across an article that states there are free trials, but then your computer goes sort of haywire at the end of the trial.  I only need this program for the next <dfn class="dictionary-of-numbers dictionary-of-numbers-quantity-1728000s dictionary-of-numbers-processed" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">20 days</dfn> or so, but for the program I need to at least get Windows 7.  I am wondering first how to get this (I hear about Windows<dfn class="dictionary-of-numbers" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;"> 7 Enterprise)</dfn>.

Then can I go back to Vista after the trial is over or whatever?  I need this til the semester is over, but that is pretty soon.  So I wouldn't even need the full trial.  I just can't do it with what I have right now, and that isn't very good.  Haha.

Thanks

Saturday, December 28, 2013 6:36 AM

All replies

• Well you have the wrong forum again!! This is for Windows Home Server - try answers.microsoft.com. There is a  Win 8.1 Enterprise 90 day trial available and as long as you have your original Vista installation media you can re-install that when you have finished.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:45 PM