Setting default font within MS Office RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm developing a Citrix based Terminal Server solution for a client  and part of this solution is to have all apps within the MS Office suite automatically set the font to Verdana at logon.

I have looked at various solutions including .dot files, vbs, macros etc all of which required some level of user interaction or fail to allow the user to retain any custom toolbars which would not be practical within the clients infrastructre.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Al
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:42 AM

Answers

• Ok Thanks for you response. With a little further research I found the answer to be as below

Firstly create a macro called AutoExec then add the lines as below

(this example is tailored to MS Word)

Sub AutoExec()

Documents.Add newtemplate:=False, DocumentType:=0

Selection.Font.Name = "Verdana"

End Sub

Al

• Marked as answer by Adam_Thurtell Friday, January 23, 2009 12:14 PM
    Friday, January 23, 2009 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Al

I'm afraid this is way off-topic in the VSTO forum. The Please Read First message at the top of the forum explains what VSTO is, what the forum supports, and provides links to venues for non-VSTO, Office-related questions. I recommend to you the Office Setup newsgroup, which you can access through the link to "General Office newsgroups". When you post be sure to mention the version of Office involved.

FWIW, I suspect you may need to use some kind of Group Policy, so you should make sure you have the Office Resource Kit (ORK). But that's as far as my limited knowledge goes :-)
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:10 AM
  • Ok Thanks for you response. With a little further research I found the answer to be as below

Firstly create a macro called AutoExec then add the lines as below

(this example is tailored to MS Word)

Sub AutoExec()

Documents.Add newtemplate:=False, DocumentType:=0

Selection.Font.Name = "Verdana"

End Sub

Al

• Marked as answer by Adam_Thurtell Friday, January 23, 2009 12:14 PM
    Friday, January 23, 2009 12:14 PM