Techncal question regardin MS Products RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some question as below.

1st All HP, Dell & Toshiba and Many Laptops come with Preinstall Operating System with recovery Manager and they don’t give any copy of software on box. Now is there any wrong to make copy and give to customer.

2nd If someone have Lic sticker on top of cpu and we use any other original media cd and we activate for customer is there any wrong ?

3rd if we import Microsoft products from diffract regional  than east Africa and if it is genuine is there any wrong to sell here ?

4th How do we check the software weather it is genuine or not ? what are security mark is there of box and cd ?

Please reply us for our knowledge.

Regards
    Amin Thakkar
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP Friday, July 10, 2009 12:31 PM off topic for mse forum (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    • Changed type Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Friday, June 18, 2010 3:50 PM Comment -> Question
    Friday, July 10, 2009 8:15 AM

Answers

• Major OEM computer manufacturers usually offer a method to make Windows operating system recovery discs.  Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of the computer to learn how to accomplish this.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, July 13, 2009 3:44 AM

All replies

• Major OEM computer manufacturers usually offer a method to make Windows operating system recovery discs.  Visit the support web site of the manufacturer of the computer to learn how to accomplish this.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, July 13, 2009 3:44 AM
  • Hi,

My all quiestion are for is it legal or not

Regards
    amin
    Monday, July 27, 2009 6:25 PM
  • Here are some answers:

1. There is nothing wrong with making 1 copy of the software to give to the customer. As long as the customer has and uses the OEM License key which is located on the PC/Laptop. That key can be used to activate it but no other product key's should be used.

2. There is nothing wrong with using other original media, as long as its properly licensed your not violating any laws.

3. Usually Microsoft software that is sold in what they call "Emerging Markets" are specially designed to be used in those areas, the software must be activated in the region it was made for and cannot be activated anywheres else.

4. You can find information on how to tell if Microsoft software is genuine by visiting this Web site http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell

My answers are answered to the best of my knowledge. If you have any concerns regarding if your using genuine Microsoft software, going to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ will answer most of your questions.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:16 PM