none
Problem booting windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, ive had this problem with my windows 10 computer for a while

Whenever i try to start my computer it quickly says restoring windows to previous version, or something like that. Then it disappears so fast i can barely read it, and restarts. It does so in an infinite loop. I have tried leaving it on, seeing if windows would fix itself, but did not see any progress for over 10 hours. I also tried spamming F3 when my computer was starting, but it did not do anything. Also windows recovery environment does not show up!

Please help, i need this computer for my exams!

mvh. Halfdan

Monday, April 30, 2018 6:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi HalfdanBU,

Please contact your computer manufacturer for support as they will be familiar with the hardware in your PC.  These are the MSDN, Microsoft Developer Network, forums and geared more towards people writing computer code.  As you don't seem to be creating a device or writing an application, please either contact the company that sold you your computer or look at Answers.Microsoft.com for assistance with Microsoft products.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl 

Monday, April 30, 2018 7:49 PM
  • I'd also ask for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/update

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 30, 2018 8:18 PM
  • Hi,

Press a physical Power button/switch while the message appears. Repeat this twice or three times, and you will see repair or other menu.

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com/

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:00 AM
  • !) What is the status of the files on the computer?

a) Had you backed up files to another drive or to the cloud?

b) Had you made a backup image with Macrium, Aoemi, Acronis, Paragon, etc.?

c) If you had to make a clean install would you be able to?

2) Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer > enter the product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

3) Power on the computer and as soon as you see the Microsoft icon > power off

4) Repeat > power on the computer and as soon as you see the Microsoft icon > poser off

5) Power on the computer and this time allow the computer to advance to the computer's Windows advanced troubleshooting menu

6) Select system restore > start with the oldest restore point and keep repeating to the most recent until there are no more restore points.  If system restore fails or if there are no restore points advance to the next step

7) Select startup repair > if start up repair fails advance to the next step

8) Select startup options > click restart > click safe mode with networking > type: 

a) sfc /scannow

b) chkdsk C: /r

this may take many hours so plan to run overnight

Report the results into the thread.

If the above steps fail then perform the next steps:

1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)

2) Create a bootable windows 10 iso

3) https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

4) Insert the bottable widnows 10 iso into any USB port

5) Power on the computer and click the applicable keyboard key (see boot menu):

http://www.disk-image.com/faq-bootmenu.htm

6) If the computer is a custom computer then temporarily modify the boot order so that the external USB hard drive is on top

7) boot to the external usb hard drive

8) this may take 5 - 10 minutes to load while viewing the Microsoft windows icon

9) select language, time , currency, and keyboard or click next

10) in the left lower corner click repair your computer (do not click install)

11) click troubleshoot

12) click system restore (start with oldest restore point and keep repeating to the most recent restore point.  If system restore fails or if there are no restore points advance to the next step

13) click startup repair > if start up repair fails advance to the next step

14) click command prompt > administrator: X:\windows \system32\cmd.exe > X:sources> type:

If you get to this step please indicate that in the thread for the next set of steps.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:25 AM
  • Perhaps you should try this forum Windows 10 General or here Support Windows 10 for assistance.

La vida loca

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 3:48 AM