none
several issues

Question

• 1)in a maschine if i go to drive (c) and right click on it and select the tools tab and press the check button and then select 'automatic corection for errors in system file'  and 'check and recover bad sectors'.and run it,will be the same as chkdsk/r/f command?                                                  

2)in the same mashine(win 8.1 pro 64 bit )why it passes the Western digital Health check tool for the disk and the chkdsk command says that there are no errors in the disk and the pc is working very good quickly and healthy but when i try to defragment the system reserved partition it stucks always in 26%?and the same thing does not happen with other pcs that i have (with win 7 pro 64 bit for example..)also i saw a service called bitlocker encryption in ms config .his has something to do with it?

3)in the same mashine i am running chkdsk and sfc/scannow and sfc result is that Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unale to fix some of the and the result of chkdsk was that Windows has checked the file system snd found no problems.. ,how is this possible???

4)after running chkdsk in the same pc i am getting the result that Windows examined and spotted problems into system file. then i am running the chkdsk /r /f command but nothing changes when I rerun the chkdsk ..so can i do something else to fix them????..also what is the diference if i run chkdsk or if I run spotfix?

6)this command is the correct one for fixing the errors that I am getting as a result from sfc scan?DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

And i have to backup my files first?because I might lose lose data?it will correct everything automatically?it is the same command for win 7 pro 64 bit?

7) also what is windows iso?

8)everything in my machine is fully updated I have win 8.1 pro 64 bit o.s and very new hardware but I still haven’t got the icon of the win 10 reservation.why?

10)and in the same pc (with win 8.1 pro 64 bit) i choose the option safe mode with networking but the Connection icon in the left hand side of the time has a Red X on it, that it means no Connection.why?

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:20 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:19 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 8.1 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:20 PM
  • at least can i get an answer to the folllowing questions,because from ms Community they told me that i should refer to tech net for specialized answers on chkdsk and sfc/scannow commands under the diagnostic tools forum .so

1)after running chkdsk i am getting the result that 'Windows examined and spotted problems into system file'. then i am running the chkdsk /r /f command but nothing changes..so can i do something else to fix those problems????..also what is the diference if i run  chkdsk /r /f or if I run chkdsk/spotfix?

2)also someone gave me those commands for fix corrupt files found by the sfc/scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

but someone send me this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us                      concerning about how can i view the detailes in the sfc/scannow results and how can i manual replace a corrupt system file from a known good Copy of the file...so the 2 dism commands are doing the same exact job with the manual way?

also what means this instruction:

*If you are running windows 10 (build 10049 or below) you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess  Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located.  Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If you do not have an ISO you can make one.  The instructions are here

which is from the link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

3)how for the same mashine when i am running sfc/scannow and chkdsk i am getting as results that 'Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unale to fix some of them' and 'Windows has checked the file system and found no problems' respectively ..

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:39 PM