2013 Tax Rate Setting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Folks:
    I just updated the 2013 tax rates in my Money Plus premium. I  used

tools/settings/Tax settings/set your filig..../custom to enter the rate for each

brackets.
    On my home page, all data under "current Year estimated Tax" are OK, except for

"estimated taxes:", which seems way to much and not estimated base on the right

bracket. I checked my custom rate settings several times and do not detect any

errors in input data at all. Any body else experincing that?
    Any idea, clues as to why?
    Thanks!

Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:26 PM

All replies

• Also make sure your Tax Estimator > Personal Information > Filing Status is also set to Custom.
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 7:19 PM
  • Also make sure your Tax Estimator > Personal Information > Filing Status is also set to Custom.

Thanks for your reply! But it did not work. Last year I did this same custom setting with no issues at all. Now I wonder if this is caused because of that .dll file replacment to correct the online banking issue. Could it be?

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:10 PM
  • I really doubt it.   You can go to the Summary page and see the calculations line-by-line.  I'm not saying the estimate will match actual experience, because the fiscal cliff deals actually created more brackets than Money has available, but you can adjust to atleast fit your situation if that is important to you.  

I use H&R Block @Home software, so I just plug in the following years numbers if I want a decent estimate prior to the new software release.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:00 PM