Trial Period for OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I recently downloaded OneCare in an effort to eliminate a Trojan Horse downloader that I had somehow aquired. Upon realizing I had this issue, I downloaded Norton AntiVirus which failed to eliminate the problem. I contacted Symantec and told them this and asked for a refund, which they have since done.

I'm proud to say that OneCare seems to have totally eliminated the issue and I'm completly impressed with this program so far.

I plan on purchasing this program and was just wondering how Microsoft deals with the subscription period for it. In other words, if I use the trial period of three months and then subscribe, do I get 15 months of service or do they back-date my subscription to the date I initially downloaded the trial version? Let me guess!

Sunday, December 30, 2007 1:23 PM

Answers

• I’m glad to read that OneCare did the job for you with that Trojan. It’s good to read the good reports since I usually read the failures in the forum!

Your guess is correct. Keep using the trial until the 90 days are almost up or after you’re tired of the increasing nags OneCare will give you when it is close to expiring. Then, when you subscribe, it will be a 12 month subscription from the date you activate the subscription. The trial period is free and does not count against the subscription period. Watch for retail deals for OneCare as you can use the retail key to activate and don’t need to reinstall to do so. Simply begin the subscribe/activate process and select the option to provide a PIN after you sign in with a LiveID.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:47 AM

All replies

• I’m glad to read that OneCare did the job for you with that Trojan. It’s good to read the good reports since I usually read the failures in the forum!

Your guess is correct. Keep using the trial until the 90 days are almost up or after you’re tired of the increasing nags OneCare will give you when it is close to expiring. Then, when you subscribe, it will be a 12 month subscription from the date you activate the subscription. The trial period is free and does not count against the subscription period. Watch for retail deals for OneCare as you can use the retail key to activate and don’t need to reinstall to do so. Simply begin the subscribe/activate process and select the option to provide a PIN after you sign in with a LiveID.

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 2:47 AM
    1. I'd like to know how much a year's subscription costs before I activate.
    Monday, December 31, 2007 5:14 AM
  • Supposedly $49.95, at full pop, according to the website unless you get in on some kind of special as Steve mentions above.

Monday, December 31, 2007 10:32 AM