Sync With TWO DataBases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can you Please provide some idea how to sync with two databases using wcf services.

please provide some articles URL.

Thanks

Lakshmi Narayana

• Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 3:13 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, May 25, 2009 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Here you are a sample for mobile which uses WCF for communications. Notice that this sample uses SQL Server Compact for local sync provider and SQLS erver 2008 for remote sync provider. What kind of database provider would you want to sync?

Best regards,
    José Miguel Torres
    Monday, May 25, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Hi Thanks for response.

In Sql Server2008  i am haveing  two databases (Ex. Northwind,Employee) i need sync from these two databases in to SQL Server compact.(.sdf) file.

Please give one sample.

Thanks
    Lakshmi Narayana
    Monday, May 25, 2009 1:51 PM
  • Venkata,
    The sample pointed by Jose shows what you need. Post back if the sample doesnt address your needs.
    Maheshwar Jayaraman - WCF -- http://blogs.msdn.com/dotnetremoting
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:46 PM
  • Hi Jayaraman,

Thanks For Response. In the Above example they used one database only (On server side).

I got solution  but the way i did correct or not  so please guide me.

The simplest way of doing this is simply to setup two different WCF services, one for each database.
    As long as the tables you are synchronizing against are different, then you can  use the same SQL CE database on the client side, but have two different sets of SyncAgent/Synctable classes  in the client, one for each sync server database.

Thanks
    Lakshmi Narayana

pvlnarayana@hotmail.com 

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 1:56 PM