none
Looking for email alias RRS feed

• Question

• I had the same problem, but it is there. just somewhat hidden.

In the left hand side, there is a quick access dropdown menu. In there, choose my settings.

There you will see what e-mail is connected to your msdn profile...

your msdn alias, is on another page. click your alias. then in your profile page, click edit my profile.

there you can change your forum alias.

hope this helps

Christmas spirit all year long Please remember to vote on useful replies. Mark answers. Help to answer questions of others while you are visting the forums. Thank you.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:49 AM

Answers

• The email address in "My Settings" is just for notifications. I don't even have one. When you edit your profile you can change your display name, but that is not your Microsoft account (the username you use to authenticate to MSDN or TechNet). I know my Microsoft Account name, but I cannot find it in my profile or settings. I will reply when I find it.

Edit: Also your Microsoft account username is just that, a username. It is in email format, but does not need to be associated with any email account. I have had a Microsoft account (now referred to as my MSA), formerly called my LiveID, for some 13 years, and it has never (and will never) receive email.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:21 AM
  • When I am authenticated with the account I use in MSDN/TechNet and go to this page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/account/faq.aspx

I click "What is my profile?", then "Find out how to change the information in your profile" it shows my account name. I have only one account, but it seems like this should work for you.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:49 AM

All replies

• The email address in "My Settings" is just for notifications. I don't even have one. When you edit your profile you can change your display name, but that is not your Microsoft account (the username you use to authenticate to MSDN or TechNet). I know my Microsoft Account name, but I cannot find it in my profile or settings. I will reply when I find it.

Edit: Also your Microsoft account username is just that, a username. It is in email format, but does not need to be associated with any email account. I have had a Microsoft account (now referred to as my MSA), formerly called my LiveID, for some 13 years, and it has never (and will never) receive email.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:21 AM
  • When I am authenticated with the account I use in MSDN/TechNet and go to this page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/account/faq.aspx

I click "What is my profile?", then "Find out how to change the information in your profile" it shows my account name. I have only one account, but it seems like this should work for you.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:49 AM