none
Help regarding MCTS.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

im in a little bit confusion..

few days back(1 month) i decided to take Microsoft certification and i consulted one .Net developer and he is MCPD

he suggested me that..as i dont have any certifications

i have to start with MCTS, to get this i need to write 2 papers

70-536 - for Framework (this is compulsory) and 

i can choose 1 from 2 papers(web or windows) i think 70-562 / 70-563

i have prepared for 70-536 and ready to write the exam and now got struck with some of the posts like 70-536 is out date as it is of framework 2.0

what should i do know?? 

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

the 70-536 is for the Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 exams. And passing this exam will not give you a MCTS certificate.

So I would suggest to start with the 70-515 (.Net 4 ASP.Net exam) instead of the 70-562 one.

(And don't be bothered that you learned the content for 70-536 - it is also usefull. But I wouldn't take that exam any longer.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:52 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

the 70-536 is for the Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 exams. And passing this exam will not give you a MCTS certificate.

So I would suggest to start with the 70-515 (.Net 4 ASP.Net exam) instead of the 70-562 one.

(And don't be bothered that you learned the content for 70-536 - it is also usefull. But I wouldn't take that exam any longer.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanq 

and if i write the exam 70-515 will i get MCTS ?? r should i need to write any other exam???

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:54 PM
  • and im just graduate and no work experiance bt i have good programming skills with C#, ASP.Net and some knowledge on WCF also

am i eligible for this exam?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:01 PM
  • Thanq 

and if i write the exam 70-515 will i get MCTS ?? r should i need to write any other exam???

Yes, you would be. The next step should be to complete the MCPD requirements. For more informations have a look at the following site - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

You should know by yourself, If you're eligible for this exam. The guidelines on the specific MCTS sites will show you, what will be expected to fullfill the exam.

Best Regards. Please Mark Answered, If my solution solves your problem.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:48 PM
    Answerer