Look up field default value RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!
    I am currently struggling with the following challenge:

On the entity Activity I choose New - Phone Call. In the form for Phone Call I have an attribute named to (Display name:Recipient). This is displayed as a look up field and Type = partylist.

When users click on the look up symbol to the right, a new box opens named Look Up Records - Web Page Dialog.
    By default "Look for:" is set to Account, while the users demands that it should default be set to Contact.

Is it possible to change this?
    BAI
    Friday, February 20, 2009 11:34 AM

Answers

• Hi BAI, if you are using CRM4.0, the users can just type the name of the contact in the lookup field and it will automatically resolve to the contact in the database (assuming auto-resolution has not been turned off).

This is quicker and simpler than changing the default entity type in a multiple entity lookup search box. It is possible to change the default entity type, but it is an unsupported customisation. See here for an example: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/how-to-change-the-default-entity-in-lookup-window/.

Regards, Neil
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi BAI, if you are using CRM4.0, the users can just type the name of the contact in the lookup field and it will automatically resolve to the contact in the database (assuming auto-resolution has not been turned off).

This is quicker and simpler than changing the default entity type in a multiple entity lookup search box. It is possible to change the default entity type, but it is an unsupported customisation. See here for an example: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com/2007/10/22/how-to-change-the-default-entity-in-lookup-window/.

Regards, Neil
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:17 PM
  • Hi, Neil!

Thank you very much! Sorry for not mentioning that we are using CRM 4.0 :-)

The buildt-in functionality should be more than enough to satisify the users.

Again thank you you have saved me from a lot of unnecessary work :-)
    BAI
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:34 PM