Donation Management solution - frequently asked questions RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all, Matt from Microsoft here.  This thread will be updated with Frequently Asked Questions about the Donation Management solution.

1. On the Marketplace, the solution says it's an "Online application".  Will it work with CRM on-premises?
      Yes, absolutely!  There's a bug in the Marketplace listing, but this solution is designed to work equally well in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online as well as Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On-Premises.
    2. Where is the documentation?
      A user guide may be published at a future date.  In the meantime, you can explore the Get Started panes at the top of the entity grids for a brief introduction to the capabilities. Also, the documentation from the previous version is available - note that it's quite a bit out of date but should get you started.
    3. I get an XSD validation error when I try to install.  What do I do?
      You are probably running on CRM 2011 Beta.  See this post for details.  In short, there's not much you can do other than get upgraded to CRM 2011 RTW.
    4. Deactivated donations don't roll up the way I'd expect.
      Deactivating donations can lead to inconsistencies in how rollups are calculated on related entities.  We recommend that you don't deactivate donations when possible.  This issue may be addressed in a future version of the Lab.
    5. I'm a partner, can I customize this solution?  Where is the source?
      The 1.2 release of Donation Management is now licensed for customizers to install on behalf of their customer.  You may use either the managed solution (available on the Marketplace) or start from the unmanaged solution / source - available here.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt, Isn't there any documentation published related to the functionality coverage in this solution? Regards, Sanjeev
    Friday, January 21, 2011 9:26 AM
  • Hi Sanjeev.  Documentation will be available but is not yet.  Sorry for any inconvenience.
    --Matt Cooper, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    Friday, January 21, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Hi Matt

Is there any user manual yet?

Don't mind if it's not completely finished, just to get an overview..

/Matthijn

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:19 PM
  • I apologize for the delay - we don't have a draft to share.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Once again, apologies for the delay in producing a user manual.  At this time it's not clear when that document will be completed.  In the meantime, you may access the user documenation for the Not-for-Profit Accelerator (which was for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0).  It's very out of date, but should be servicable to get you started.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 12:12 AM
  • Hello.  For Dynamics Labs solutions, sometimes we aren't able to dedicate as much time or as many resources as we'd put behind a fully supported product.  In this case, documentation for Donation Management (including the just-released 1.2 version) got the short end of the stick and isn't going to be produced any time soon.  We've got an exciting set of other solutions in the works, some Labs and some fully-supported, and I hope you'll understand why we're focusing our resources elsewhere.  On behalf of the Dynamics Labs team, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you as a system customizer or system administrator.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:19 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Can I install this on a CRM Online Trial or does it have to be a full version?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:06 AM
  • It can be installed in a trial.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:33 AM
  • Can you make the word Doc Version availalbe.  It really just needs some updating with Screenshots.   We need to have somehting updates so we can train end users on the solutions

Thanks

Pierre Hulsebus - EHTC -

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Hi Pierre.  I would if I could - unfortunately, we don't have the original Word doc available.  All we have is the PDF, which was produced outside of Microsoft.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Thanks for Checkin'

Pierre Hulsebus - EHTC

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:09 PM
  • Hi All
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post a question.
    I have a solution that I have installed in microsoft dynamics crm 2011, now I want to uninstall the solution but it is not allowing me to, can you perhaps help. The error log file is as follows:
    Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: An unexpected error occurred.Detail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>An unexpected error occurred.</Message>
      <Timestamp>2011-12-12T13:29:19.2084469Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>
    Thanks.
    Thabiso Motloung.

Thabiso Motloung "Those who say it cannot be done, should interrupt those who are doing it"
    Monday, December 12, 2011 2:00 PM
  • It is the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Nonprofit Organizations version 1.0.0.10920
    Thabiso Motloung "Those who say it cannot be done, should interrupt those who are doing it"
    Monday, December 12, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Hello Matt,

Hope you are doing good.

I have recently downloaded the Non-Profit template for MS CRM from Pinpoint and as you have mentioned in some of the posts here that documentation from previous version should get anybody started with how to use this template. So I am using this document of Not-for-Profit Accelerator (which was for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0).

I believe that the most recent template (the one i have downloaded) is an improvement over previous versions (whose doc i am referring), but I cant seem to figure out certain things:

1. Is membership management removed or its renamed/reworked? It is explained on page 18 in the above document. Would appreciate your guidance on how best we can use it in the latest template. This is a critical requirement.

2. Secondly, benefits and payment transactions have also been missing when you compare it with earlier version.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks and Regards,

Yogesh

Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:55 AM
  • Hi Yogesh. Unfortunately I'm no longer with the CRM team and I don't have answers to your questions. Perhaps someone from the team will be able to chime in.

--Matt Cooper, Xbox

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:17 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply. 

Regards,

Yogesh

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Hi,

I have installed NFP Template from PinPoint. I am trying to customise Program form but it throwing following errors

Microsoft CRM Error Report: 
    Error Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.FormEditorBase.AddPlaceHoldersInSection(XmlNode& secNode)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.FormEditorBase.AddSpacerCellsInSectionIfRequired(XmlNode& secNode)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.FormEditorBase.AddColumnsAttribute(XmlNodeList& nodeList)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.FormEditorBase.ValidateFormXml()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.Views.FormEditorPage.ValidateFormXml()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.Views.FormEditorPage.GetFormXml(String formXmlString)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.Views.FormEditorPage.ConfigurePage()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.PageManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

How can I fix it?

Also is there unmanaged version of this solution available?

Thank you

Taj Uddin

Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:23 AM