Chris RRS feed

• Question

• I was using Money earlier today but when I went to open Money again this afternoon I got the error message "Money has experienced a problem and cannot continue.  If you are running low on memory, try closing some programs and running Money again ".  What's up with that?
    • Edited by ChrisMerritt Friday, September 23, 2016 10:25 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2016 10:21 PM

All replies

• Was that a one-time event?
    Friday, September 23, 2016 11:34 PM
  • No.  I have tried several times throughout the day with the same results.  I even tried to use a backup file and got the same error message.
    Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:22 AM
  • If you have not rebooted, I would do so.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=windows%20%20%22low%20on%20memory%22 is a search that may turn up something that matches your system.

If that does not fix it, I would reinstall Money.

If you have further problems, what is

1. your version of WIndows? 
    2. version of Money?

Sunday, September 25, 2016 11:34 AM
  • I have tried rebooting but that did not solve the problem.  I am using Windows 10 and Money Plus.  I would reinstall Money but it was a download.  I don't know if Microsoft still provides downloads of Money.
    Monday, September 26, 2016 9:12 PM
  • I just downloaded Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and STILL got the same error message.
    Monday, September 26, 2016 10:24 PM
  • If you open Sample.mny from your Money install folder, do you get the error? If not, try restoring your second-newest money backup file  (*.mbf).

If you choose a new name for the restored Money file, you will not overwrite the current file.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:41 AM
  • Also, download and install the patched copy of mnyob99.dll as described in the first sticky post. The Money crash might be caused by known issues with the version in the Money installation.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:25 PM