is it possible to add a page (forum) in partner portal crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Is it possible to add additional page say the forum from Customer portal into Partner Portal. I tried doing that, but the pages are not showing up. Can some one show us how to create new pages in partner portal at least the necessary steps. that will be very helpful thank you
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 2:57 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

If you look at the Customer Portal Functionality and Administration Guide document provided in the portal package you downloaded, there's a section on Content Management Capabilities that explains how to add custom pages.

- Palak

• Marked as answer by CRM elite Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:28 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:35 AM
  • Here are some of the things you will need to keep in mind:

1. The portals use your CrmSvcUtil-generated code, so make sure that is updated (see your xrm.cs file)
    2. If this represents a specific user experience (and not a standard content page), you will need to write an .aspx page.  You can copy/paste these from the customer and partner portals (they are just examples).
    3. In CRM, add a new "Page Template" entity for your new page, and point the url at the aspx page that you just developed.
    4. You can then use the front-side editing of the portal to create a new content page and select the new page template you just added.

Good luck!

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Monday, October 17, 2011 10:33 PM
  • Expanding on what Palak has advised. You can create pages from portal website (for that you should have the admin role enabled) as well as create pages within CRM content management section. Offcourse you would need to have the page built in the VS. You can simply copy a similar page. 

Hope this helps.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

If you look at the Customer Portal Functionality and Administration Guide document provided in the portal package you downloaded, there's a section on Content Management Capabilities that explains how to add custom pages.

- Palak

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:35 AM
  • Expanding on what Palak has advised. You can create pages from portal website (for that you should have the admin role enabled) as well as create pages within CRM content management section. Offcourse you would need to have the page built in the VS. You can simply copy a similar page. 

Hope this helps.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:14 PM
  • Here are some of the things you will need to keep in mind:

1. The portals use your CrmSvcUtil-generated code, so make sure that is updated (see your xrm.cs file)
    2. If this represents a specific user experience (and not a standard content page), you will need to write an .aspx page.  You can copy/paste these from the customer and partner portals (they are just examples).
    3. In CRM, add a new "Page Template" entity for your new page, and point the url at the aspx page that you just developed.
    4. You can then use the front-side editing of the portal to create a new content page and select the new page template you just added.

Good luck!

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Monday, October 17, 2011 10:33 PM
  • Hi Shan, Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. I generated the Xrm code using CrmSvcUtil. But the service context info didn't get reflected. Looks like I need to add that parameter (similar to /namespace Xrm). Is that correct? If so, what's the correct parameter? 
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:30 PM
  • We shipped a .cmd file with both the CRM 4 and 2011 versions of the portals.  Please use that command file to automate your own code-generation.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Hi Shan, the partner and customer portal was working fine but have an issue with generating the web-authentication code. Also noticed that the contact form was missing the section  "web authentication" However, I manually put the fields in the contact form. The customer portal login, I created is still working fine. However, when I try to create a new invitation code (using the "Create Invitation Code", it doesn't generate the invitation code!!  Looks like the web-resource is not working correctly. Am I missing something.  Is there a way for me to re-import the web-resource only. Please advise. 
    Friday, December 2, 2011 6:51 PM
  • It looks like you have another solution that somehow overwrote your customizations.  Adding the fields back in manually should help.  There is nothing magic regarding the invitation code - it can be anything.  Our web resource just generated one using a random number.  You can even manually type any unique invitation code in there and it will work.  If you want to get the javascript working again, here is the code that we used:

function Form_onload()
    {
    CreateInvitationCode=function()
    {

var username = document.crmForm.all.adx_username;

var invitation = document.crmForm.all.adx_invitationcode;

var expiry = document.crmForm.all.adx_invitationcodeexpirydate;

if (username == null || invitation == null || expiry == null)
    {
        alert('Unknown error occured.  Invitation Code could not be created');
        return;
    }

var usernamevalue = username.DataValue;

var invitationcode = invitation.DataValue;

if (usernamevalue == null || usernamevalue == '')
    {
        if (invitationcode == null || invitationcode == '') 
        {	
            invitation.DataValue = createUUID();       

expiry.DataValue = createExpiryDate();
        }
    }
    else
    {
        invitation.DataValue = '';
    }

}

function createUUID() 
    {
        // http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4122.txt
        var s = [];
        var hexDigits = "0123456789ABCDEF";
        for (var i = 0; i < 32; i++) {
            s[i] = hexDigits.substr(Math.floor(Math.random() * 0x10), 1);
        }
        s[12] = "4";  // bits 12-15 of the time_hi_and_version field to 0010
        s[16] = hexDigits.substr((s[16] & 0x3) | 0x8, 1);  // bits 6-7 of the clock_seq_hi_and_reserved to 01

var uuid = s.join("");
        return uuid;
    }

function createExpiryDate()
    {
        var expirydate;
        expirydate = new Date();
        expirydate.setDate(expirydate.getDate() + 14);
        return expirydate
    }
    }
    function Form_onsave()
    {

}

Friday, December 2, 2011 7:17 PM
  • Hi Shaun, Thanks a lot. You are correct. I actually typed in the invitation code and it works fine.  I will take the code and update it. 

I am also working to make some changes to Product registration and case form. I needed to add a section before the "Products" drop-down to display the list of registered product. I used the view. It displays correctly however, I noticed that for the product, it display the entity reference values. (b) I try to add another fields say "purchase from Partner" field, the page doesn't reflect.  

Gridview Datasource is fed from the saved query that I created 

• Edited by CRM elite Friday, December 2, 2011 8:43 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 8:42 PM