none
isa account setup on money 2005? RRS feed

All replies

• You set them up like any other account/holding. 

You cannot really differentiate them from any other holding of the same type. I have always found this annoying, as I prefer my investment funds to be displayed in the Portfolio Manager with the ISA holdings separate from the non-ISA holdings. Furthermore, the "Tax Exempt" setting is only valid at the account level, so if you hold ISA and non-ISA funds at the same account (fund supermarket for example) you have to take extra steps to avoid the interest/dividends showing on the tax reports. 

Cash ISA's can be treated like a building society holding.

Friday, June 17, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Set up an Asset account (or Bank account, if you prefer) for the ISA itself.

• Transfer in to the ISA Asset account the initial payment and purchase the investment(s) from the new Asset account.
    • Any dividends should be received into the ISA Asset account as Tax Exempt.
    • Management fees and other ISA transactions should also be made through the ISA Asset account.

The only balance left on the ISA Asset account should be the uninvested amount (if any) shown on your ISA managers's statement.

Friday, June 17, 2011 11:59 AM