Vb net play a midi file RRS feed

• Question

• Have looked high and wide for an example of how to select and play a MIDI file programmatically.  This sounds to me to be a simple request yet at every turn I run into problems.  I am using VS-2010 programming in VB-net trying to get it done with DirectX. Is this overkill? Am I on the right track? Do I even need DirectX? I need a simple but detailed example on how to get this done.

I tried to install DirectX SDK, It would not install. Then I saw where DirectX 11 was already installed as part of Win 8, but I could not find a reference to it in VS-2010.  I then tried to reference the Microsoft Direct X.DLL directly. The program would not run in the VB IDE under debug, it simple sat there telling me that it was running something else and I needed to continue waiting.  After a while I gave up waiting and removed the reference so that I could keep working on the rest of my program. Where do I go now?

Please help.

Monday, February 23, 2015 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Phokaeas,

According to your description, this issue is related to MIDI program with VB.NET instead of the issue of Visual Studio.

For this issue, I think you may post it to DirectX forum.  

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:07 AM