adding new computer to subcription RRS feed

• Question

• I paid for a subscription to one care for three computers how do I activate it on my new computer?

Bill

Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:04 PM

Answers

•  dbill173 wrote:

I paid for a subscription to one care for three computers how do I activate it on my new computer?

Bill

To activate on a 2nd or a 3rd PC, you sign in with the same LiveID that you originally subscribed with. On your first PC, which is already activated, open OneCare, click on Help and then About. Scroll down to see the Subscription ID - that is the LiveID you use to activate additional installs or reinstalls.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:14 PM
  •  mikelynn wrote:
    How do you add another computer when the One care software wss installed by Firedog.

Circuit City should have provided you with a paper that noted the LiveID and password used to activate the original installation for you. If they did not, contact the store. You might be able to contact OneCare support to have your LiveID password reset, but I can't verify that. Your LiveID can be found under Help/About in OneCare, called the Subscription ID.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:17 PM

All replies

• How do you add another computer when the One care software wss installed by Firedog.
    Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:21 PM
  •  dbill173 wrote:

I paid for a subscription to one care for three computers how do I activate it on my new computer?

Bill

To activate on a 2nd or a 3rd PC, you sign in with the same LiveID that you originally subscribed with. On your first PC, which is already activated, open OneCare, click on Help and then About. Scroll down to see the Subscription ID - that is the LiveID you use to activate additional installs or reinstalls.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:14 PM
  •  mikelynn wrote:
    How do you add another computer when the One care software wss installed by Firedog.

Circuit City should have provided you with a paper that noted the LiveID and password used to activate the original installation for you. If they did not, contact the store. You might be able to contact OneCare support to have your LiveID password reset, but I can't verify that. Your LiveID can be found under Help/About in OneCare, called the Subscription ID.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:17 PM