Using near 100% of processor RRS feed

• Question

• config = intel 2.8 with 1gb of ram

3 drives, 2 ARE USB (could be the problem)

For TESTING of this I have turned off all machines execpt one (and the server) and RDP into the server.  I am hitting near 100% processor, sometimes drops to 90% but usually near 100%.  When I look at the processes in TASKMGR show 4 tasks with 0 - 2% CPU each.  I jump back over to the performance tab and I am spiked to 100.  I understand RDP takes some, but not a (near) solid 100%.

The machine does not seem to run slow, but not zippy either.  I have ordered another internal drive as to remove the two USB but until Outpost gets it here this is the config. 

Feedback?

Sunday, March 11, 2007 1:40 AM

Answers

• you nailed it, it was/is the DE.  I will update the thread when the new new drive comes in.  THANKS
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:07 PM

All replies

• check and see what process(es) are eating up cpu cycles.  you'll probably need to check the box at the bottom of the Processes tab to show system processes. Most likely it's DEmigrator that's doing all the processing.   But that still seems high unless you've just copied a bunch of content and Drive Extender is still trying to duplicate it.  A lot depends on your hard drive sizes and you're right - getting another internal drive will most likely reduce / eliminate a lot of the processing if it is DE that's the culprit.

Sunday, March 11, 2007 6:34 AM
  • you nailed it, it was/is the DE.  I will update the thread when the new new drive comes in.  THANKS
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:07 PM
  • UPDATE

Without the external USB drives, very low processor usage.

Friday, March 16, 2007 2:50 AM
  • excellent.  good to hear.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 4:21 AM