none
How to change the keyboard layout of a UWP app? [Xamarin Forms] RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a Xamarin Forms app which I want to deploy on Windows (UWP). The current problem I am trying to solve is to set the keyboard layout on an "Entry". According to the docs [1] the only change I have to make is to add a "keyboard" property in the Entry <g class="gr_ gr_13 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="13" id="13">xaml</g> code like that:

<Entry Keyboard="Numeric" />

That does work fine in Windows Mobile Emulator and the keyboard does change as soon as I click on the entry. However, when I run the project on a surface pro tablet (UWP) the layout of the keyboard does not change at all. I would appreciate a suggestion please! :) 

[1]: https://developer.xamarin.com/recipes/cross-platform/xamarin-forms/controls/choose-keyboard-for-entry/

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Georgi Koemdzhiev

Since the problem is more related to Xamarin and it is not in the scope of this forum, I suggest that you could ask about this in the official Xamarin Froum.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:54 AM