Installing CRM 2011 in SQL clustering environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Sql Server in clustering node and CRM server. i tried to install CRM 2011 on application server. In the environment check window, i am getting "Sql Server Agent service is not running". I checked the Active sql server and the service is running properly also checked the port of sql are open in firewall.

Can you guide where i am missing and what will be the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Siva

Saturday, April 12, 2014 10:18 AM

All replies

• First thing is make sure user doing installation is domain admin and got access to both SQL server as database administrator

Also Which server you are referring when installing CRM 2011 system? are you referring virtual server (which configured to cluster SQL servers)?

Please refer following article which specifies three option to install CRM 2011 environment in cluster environment.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699768.aspx

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Sunday, April 13, 2014 1:38 PM
    Answerer
  • Make sure that the Network Ports to be opened on the SQL Server. Especially port 445.

Protocol

Port

Description

Explanation

TCP

MSRPC

RPC endpoint resolution.

TCP

NETBIOS-SSN

NETBIOS session service.

TCP

Microsoft-DS

Active Directory service required for Active Directory access and authentication.

TCP

ms-sql-s

SQL Server sockets service. This port is required for access to SQL Server.This number may be different if you have configured your default instance of SQL Server to use a different port number or you are using a named instance.

UDP

NTP

Network Time Protocol.

UDP

NETBIOS-NS

NETBIOS name service.

UDP

NETBIOS-dgm

NETBIOS datagram service.

UDP

Microsoft-DS

Active Directory service required for Active Directory access and authentication.

UDP

Blackjack

DCOM, used as an RPC listener.

Monday, April 14, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Hi Mayank,

Thanks for the update. We checked the Site referred in the above reply. Still we are getting the same error message.

Is there anything i am missing.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:04 PM