Synchronize Outlook Sent item emails into MS CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I would like to Synchronize outlook sent item emails into CRM 2013 as my sales team sometimes use their mobile devices for sending emails to clients and they wanted to track those emails into CRM. I have already configured for Synchronizing incoming (Inbox) emails in CRM but there is not any option for Synchronizing sent item emails into CRM 2013.

We are using MS CRM 2013 and Exchange 2007.

Please can you advise?

Many Thanks

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:57 AM

All replies

• If the user can see the inbox under activities and you have selected to track all emails under options - you should also be able to see sent items

Please vote if you find my post helpful - Thanks

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:31 AM
  • Hi Prodware,

Thanks for your prompt reply yes you are right it shows there under the activities but it shows only those sent item which have been sent via CRM but if you sent email from outlook client or mobile device it wont appears under activities. 

Thanks

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:28 PM
  • You need to use the new Server-side sync in CRM 2013 that directly connects Exchange and CRM.  That will make sure all mail, no matter what device it is sent from, can be tracked in CRM. The only thing is I don't remember if it supports Exchange 2007, or if Exchange 2010 is the lowest supported version.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:29 PM
  • Thanks Wayne. Yes I am using Server-side sync CRM 2013 and it is polling incoming emails from exchange server 2007 but it is not polling sent item emails from exchange server which have sent outside CRM.

I have used following article for setup server side syn.

http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/dynamics-crm-2013-configuring-exchange.html.

Many Thanks

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:20 PM
  • Outgoing mail is set both globally and on the individual users as "Server-side sync"? If that's still not doing it, are you getting any error message in the logs anywhere? That should get you your outgoing mail in CRM.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:02 PM
  • Hi All,

I think i am on a good move for this scenario tracking sent email with in the CRM.... 

While sending mail to recipient form out side, i have event track log as

#35241 - The recipients for the email message with subject "Test mail 555" in mailbox ********@gmail.com did not match any known records. 

- Zaheer 

Sent mails Tracking is working only for " If sender recipient and receiver recipient Id's has assigned in user records" then only sent mails getting track in the CRM !!!!!!!

Do you have any event error log ?????

Thanks,

Vinay Kumar.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:44 AM
  • Hi ,

There isn't any specific error log related to this. Its look like CRM 2013 doesn't support for sent email tracking if you sent via outlook client.

I have tested following scenarios and all are working fine.

* Email Sent From CRM 2013

* Retrieving Inbox Emails from exchange 2007 into CRM 2013

Many Thanks

Friday, April 11, 2014 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

Before showing confirmation why don't you test it properly on this

"Its look like CRM 2013 doesn't support for sent email tracking if you sent via outlook client"

Sent email will get track in CRM 2013 weather you may sent it from outlook client or with in CRM. however, is your tested Scenarios has made proper sense to your actual scenarios i.e., sent mails get track with in the CRM after sending mails from mobile or any other ?????  

Yes I am using Server-side sync CRM 2013 and it is polling incoming emails from exchange server 2007 but it is not polling sent item emails from exchange server which have sent outside CRM.

Thanks.

Vinay Kumar.

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:04 PM
  • Simular question answered in  https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/155402.aspx<o:p></o:p>

With server-side sync it is expected that emails sent
    from CRM do not appear in the users Sent Items in Outlook. The whole point of
    server-side sync is that a Outlook is not required and that the flow of emails
    is from CRM to the outgoing email server which may or may not be Exchange.
    <o:p></o:p>

As you have found for items to appear in Sent Items it is
    best to use CRM for Outlook sync.
    <o:p></o:p>

For more details refer the following link :- http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/dynamics/crm-customer-center/set-up-email-processing-through-server-side-synchronization.aspx<o:p></o:p>

Hope this helps.<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:11 AM