Windows 7 and Microsoft Money 2004 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have purchased a laptop running Windows 7 to replace my old PC running in XP.   I have installed Microsoft Money 2004 on laptop.   I managed to install my data to my laptop and it went into Documents.   I can click and open the file from here and it will launch Money with my data but if I try to launch from the programme “Money” I get a blank version inviting me to set up – no data has been transferred.   Also when launched from Documents the Title in the top blue bar calls it “My Money <metricconverter ProductID="2”">2”</metricconverter> and not (my name) – Microsoft Money.   I have a feeling I am not opening the proper Money programme but some “ghost file”.   What should I do to be able to launch Money from the programme list - complete with my transferred data.

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:32 PM

All replies

• If you are from the UK or Australia, you were probably running Microsoft Money 2005 (version 14).

Close Money. Install Money 2005 QFE2 for the appropriate country. You can use the link on the sticky post at the top of this forum. Save the install file for later possible use..

After that installation, copy your *.mny and your latest *.mbf from the old computer to the new computer's Documents folder. In Windows Explorer, double-click the copied *.mny file. That will open Money, and all will be good.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Thank you for the information.   I understand the procedure but not where I can find the link.   I am new to forums so although I can grasp the concept of a "sticky post" - I can't seem to find one anywhere (at the top of this forum).   I am from the UK so I guess your suggestion will be my best bet to get up and running on my laptop - if only - I can find the link to where to find the installation download.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:13 PM
  • The "sticky" posting has a little icon that looks like 3 different-color pads of PostIt Notes. Sticky topics/threads stay at the top of the list to make them easier to find.

Clicking on "Installation File Download Info for Microsoft Money Users for US, UK, International English and France" will lead you to http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/479281b2-90f9-42ca-85f7-644fc6e1e5c3

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:25 PM
  •    Thankyou - it took some time to find my way to the very beginning of the forum but I got there in the end.   I'm learning all the time.

Downloaded and saved - not yet installed - too much for one day!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:27 PM