how to integrate Online MS CRM 2013 with outlook web apps (Office 365) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to integrate Online MS CRM 2013 with outlook web apps in office 365. when i send email from outlook web apps - i am able to send and receive mails . But if i send email from Online CRM, the email status is Pending send. I am missing some configuration for integrating Online CRM with Outlook web apps. 

Any solution on how to integrate Online CRM with Outlook web apps ?

Regards

Shankar.B

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:29 PM

Answers

• There is no supported method for doing this right now.

That said, CRM 2013 SP1 (Leo), the next major update for CRM 2013, offers Server Sync for CRM Online to Exchange Online.  So as long as your CRM Online and your Office 365 Exchange are all hosted on the same account with Microsoft, you will be able to configure your CRM so it will send mail to Exchange on your users' behalf.

We should see that update pretty soon now, but I don't know a release date.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Ronald Liu Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shankar_Bala Monday, May 5, 2014 1:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:37 PM

All replies

• There is no supported method for doing this right now.

That said, CRM 2013 SP1 (Leo), the next major update for CRM 2013, offers Server Sync for CRM Online to Exchange Online.  So as long as your CRM Online and your Office 365 Exchange are all hosted on the same account with Microsoft, you will be able to configure your CRM so it will send mail to Exchange on your users' behalf.

We should see that update pretty soon now, but I don't know a release date.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Ronald Liu Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Shankar_Bala Monday, May 5, 2014 1:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:37 PM
  • Hi Walton,

As you mentioned we use same account for CRM online & office 365 exchange for user login (* . onmicrosoft.com). So would it be possible to integrate Online CRM to office exchange in current CRM 2013.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:39 PM
  • When the Leo update for CRM is released.  Right now, Server Sync is only for On-Premises installations, not Online.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:28 PM