"Terminated by Host" random crashing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop an application using MSS 2007 with VS 2005.  When debugging or running the app without debug the app will crash randomly during any given part of the code with a error message of "Terminated by Host".  So I formatted my box and reinstalled everything just to find I was still getting the error.  I have been able to run the application completely and successfully many times (maybe 1 out of 6 times will it run without crashing).  Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?  Thanks.
    Monday, November 12, 2007 1:12 PM

All replies

• What are you doing when this happens?

I've seen it happen a few times when I get sidetracked while an app is running and I don't answer the prompts in a timely manner. Nothing I can reliably duplicate and it has only happened 2 or 3 times.

Monday, November 12, 2007 3:40 PM
  • What exactly do you mean by "crash"?  What form does this error message come in; e.g. is it a dialog box or an exception?  What events are in the NT application event log?  Is there anything suspicious in the speech .etl log files when this occurs?  What OS are you on?  Is your application doing anything besides executing the speech workflow? 

These are some questions to help you narrow down where the problem might be.  For more personal assistance than I can give here, please contact our technical support department via http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport/.  If you're in the US you can call (800)936-5800 and ask for support on Speech Server.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:23 PM