OneCare will not start and advises reboot RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have three machines on my network and recently, all are occasionally producing an Error Box on boot up telling me OneCare could not start and advising a reboot.  I have tried the tools offered but, although they work and usually restart OneCare, I STILL get the errors on subsequent reboots.  I am finding this very time-consuming and annoying - is there a permanent cure?  Also I cannot contact OneCare Support - everytime I try I get an apology that there is an error and to try again later - not at all useful, guys!
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:10 AM

Answers

• Hello, Sandy.

The startup problem you are encountering is likely due to low resources or a conflict. If it is the former, this should be resolved in the next update as OneCare will retry if services cannot be started in the allotted time. If it is the latter, you may have conflicting software that is preventing OneCare from starting in a timely fashion. You may want to review the programs that are starting on your computers when you boot and disable those that you do not need and uninstall any other active security products.

As for contacting support, can you tell me where you are located? There seem to be many reports of an error in the form submission from the UK in particular over the last few days and I've asked the OneCare team to investigate.

-steve

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:08 PM