CRM 4.0: User Email Access Configuration - Incoming Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I am a testing a potential bug with CRM Email Tracking. If I change the users' Email Access Configuration Incoming to 'None' - on Outlook, when the user goes to their CRM Options, go to the Email tab, the 'Check incoming email in outlook...' is missing, and the user can select what type of email to auto-track (email in response to CRM records, All email...).

I would have expected this option to be disabled completely if I set the users incoming to None.

Also if I leave the Email Access Config to 'MS Dynamics CRM for Outlook' - but then on Outlook go to Option, email tab, and untick the 'Check incoming email in Outlook...' option - it will disable the drop down to select which email to track. However, if the option was set to 'All Email' and is now disabled, even though the option is unchecked it will still automatically track all incoming email to CRM. Again, I dont expect this to happen! 

Does anyone have a detailed explanation of what these options are meant to actually change?

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I believe the Autotrack option is for incoming and outgoing email. For example if you have track all emails selected, when you send a new email in outlook is the Track in CRM option checked automatically so this should explain why this option is still available. 

The second part is weird though. SInce the auto track option appears to be for incoming and outgoing. i have no idea why that option would gray out.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:18 AM