Importing Records with StateCode and StatusCode Values RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to understand the workings of the StateCode and StatusCode fields. I understand there can be different values based on the entity. I also understand the StateCode list cannot be edited, but the StatusCode list can.

My questions:

When I import data can I set the StateCode and StatusCode of each record?

If yes, what does it mean when a record's StateCode is set to Inactive? Can it later be set to Active? Can Inactive accounts be assigned to a sales person? Does the system automatically delete Inactive records?

Thanks.

Grlynn

Monday, November 11, 2013 4:41 PM

Answers

• Grlynn,

You can use the OOB Import tool to import data with StateCode and StatusCode fields. Refer http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/2011/en-us/online/5.0/help/ug_idw_type_statestatus.htm

When a record is deactivated (Statecode-inactive) then it means that it is not editable and is not generally used in the business processes. The system (CRM) doesn't perform any deletion or other actions on inactive records on its own. If you need such functionality you can achieve that using a batch process.  You can reactivate it at later based on your business requirements.

Hope this helps!

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by Grlynn Monday, November 11, 2013 6:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Grlynn Monday, November 11, 2013 6:35 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 6:28 PM

All replies

• I don't think you can set the StateCode and Status Code values, these are system defined, Import entity has following different status and StatusReason values.

Entity--

Status---

Status Reason

Import

0:Active

0:Submitted
      1:Parsing
      2:Transforming
      3:Importing
      4:Completed
      5:Failed

• Edited by VSomireddy Monday, November 11, 2013 4:54 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Vsomireddy, thank you for your reply.

If that is so, how does one go about specifying which Accounts or Clients, etc. are Active or Inactive with the various StatusCodes? I am referring to the StateCode (Status) and StatusCode (Status Reason) fields in the Account and contacts entity's. 

We have around 50,000 total records to import (Acccounts, Contacts, etc.). Active records can be either Current or On Hold. Inactive records can be Expired, Disqualified, or Issue.

I can't imagine clicking through each and every record to set the Status Reason (StatusCode). I know I can't edit the values of StateCode (Status), but there has to be a way to set the record as Active or Inactive or all the records would permanently have a status of Active. Why have two values in the list?

How are other companies handling this issue? I would really appreciate further clarification.

Thank you.

Grlynn

Monday, November 11, 2013 5:14 PM
  • Grlynn,

You can use the OOB Import tool to import data with StateCode and StatusCode fields. Refer http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/2011/en-us/online/5.0/help/ug_idw_type_statestatus.htm

When a record is deactivated (Statecode-inactive) then it means that it is not editable and is not generally used in the business processes. The system (CRM) doesn't perform any deletion or other actions on inactive records on its own. If you need such functionality you can achieve that using a batch process.  You can reactivate it at later based on your business requirements.

Hope this helps!

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Unmarked as answer by Grlynn Monday, November 11, 2013 6:35 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 6:28 PM
  • Thank you Mamatha, this helps.

One more question. When I import the data do I use the number value of the list item? For example 0 (zero) for Active etc.?

What about custom values in the StatusCode field, would I use the entire number 1,000,000,000?

Grlynn

Monday, November 11, 2013 6:35 PM