PP3 supposed to disable Windows 7 Backups? RRS feed

• Question

• I thought PP3 was supposed to disable the Backup feature built into Windows 7, but I noticed that my notebook (running Win7 Enterprise x86) was pushing a lot of data to the WHS, and discovered that Windows Backup was responsible. It was backing up my notebook and storing the backup data at <\\HPSERVER\Users\username\computername\Backup Set 2009-11-15 152502\Backup Files 2009-12-14 075659>.

With multiple "Backup Files" sets and Folder Duplication enabled for the Users directory, I'm guessing that's using up a lot of WHS disk space; and all of that redundant to WHS' backup of this system. (I have a screenshot showing I have PP3 installed and the Windows 7 Backup running, but don't see a way to attach it to this message...)

What should my next step be, manually disable Windows 7 Backup, or something else?

Thanks!
    --Peter
    Monday, December 14, 2009 7:08 PM

Answers

• It doesn't disable them. It' merely prevents Windows 7 from alerting if they aren't configured.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Monday, December 14, 2009 8:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by PeterPla Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:47 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 8:52 PM