Passed 70-271 in 2006 now wish to sit 70-272 but retired? RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi there all

    I passed the 271 exam and then left IT due to personal reasons and only just thought of taking it up again and found that i missed out on 272 exam as its now retired.

    My question is could i do the 682 to upgrade to win 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician without doing the 272.

    Or is there a way to do 272 then 682?

    Or is it best to start from scratch??

    Many thanks

    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:56 AM


  • No you can't use exam 70-682 to upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 as this exam is used to upgrade a MCDST XP or EDST Vista certifications to the EDST Windows 7 certification.

    You will need to sit the following exams

    Exam 70-680

    Exam 70-685

    When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

    • Proposed as answer by Arjen Krap Friday, August 10, 2012 6:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:49 AM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:29 AM