Eligible for Office Add-in sounds (sounds.exe) but Office 2K cannot validate RRS feed

• Question

• There is a shortfall in the WGA program as it applies to Windows 2000 Professional and Office 2000 (SBE is the version I have): there is a narrow, but deep interstitial gulf which cannot be bridged so far.

The Office sound pack for Office 97 is a significant, critical feedback tool for me, and has been for years.

Now with a newer, previously owned PC which I bought "wiped" I did a clean install of Windows 2000 Professional and Office 2000 SBE.

I have dld all of the updates, sp's, patches, etc for both MS products, e. SP4 and rollup 1 version 2 for Windows 2000P, and similar updates/sps etc for MS office 2000.

Now I wanted to install the "sounds" for Office 2000 like the sound pack for Office 97: but you cant get there from here.

You can validate Windows 2000, but you can't validate Office 2000 so I cannot get over the WGA hurdle to dld the sound pack (sounds.exe) for Office 2000.

Have reported this to any and all points at Microsoft, asking for workaround, patch, whatever and received no response.

Even tho it seems as if this PC (800MHz PIII and 384MB RAM whic I could boost to 512MB RAM total, could run WinXP the stated requirements for Office XP or Office 2003 or 2007 are on paper, beyond this PC.

Hope someone passes this information on to right section/department.

Thank you.

RK

Friday, November 30, 2007 6:18 AM

Answers