How do i know if i have a daul core? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i got a pc but i wanted to knwo if it has a dual core it is a Intel(R) Pentium(R)  4 CPU 3.20Ghz

ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_15_MODEL_4\_0

theres two things on it , is it a good prossceser is it recomemded for games?

please help!!!

thanks. pro Big Smile

Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:18 PM

Answers

•  Danny0100 wrote:

Hi

i got a pc but i wanted to knwo if it has a dual core it is a Intel(R) Pentium(R)  4 CPU 3.20Ghz

please help!!!

thanks. pro

Yes you have a dual core

Sunday, May 20, 2007 9:25 PM
  • krisno, that's a Prescott processor. It's a single core CPU with hyperthreading support. Hyperthreading makes it look to the OS like it's got 2 cores.
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 3:04 PM

All replies

•  Danny0100 wrote:

Hi

please help!!!

thanks. pro

Yes you have a dual core

Sunday, May 20, 2007 9:25 PM
  • There is a nice little tool, no installer, for CPU-Z. Show you pretty much everything you want to know about your processor(s)
    Monday, May 21, 2007 1:13 AM
  • Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong but, he does not have a dual core proccessor.  He has a processor that supports hyper threading which shows two cpu's in the task manager performance window but is not a true dual core cpu. 

Monday, May 21, 2007 5:48 PM
  • You are correct. All Pentium 4's are single core. Hyper threading available on some will make it appear as if there are two processors to all but software specifically designed to display physical instead of logical processors.

Everything you ever wanted to know about your Pentium 4 is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_4

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:53 AM
  •  Danny0100 wrote:

Hi

please help!!!

thanks. pro

if it shows up in the device manager as 2 CPU's it is most likely a 64 bit single CPU. A dual core would be marked P4 D-940 on the CPU a 3.2 g single I believe is P4 640 or 641. (It could also be a 3.2G Celeron)

go to intels website and download the free processor ID utility and there wont be anymore guessing!

Rex Geissinger

Friday, May 25, 2007 8:08 PM
  •  1ne wrote:
    There is a nice little tool, no installer, for CPU-Z. Show you pretty much everything you want to know about your processor(s)

Not only cpu info, but a lots more, agreat small util that CPU-Z, been using it on all our pc's.

Friday, May 25, 2007 10:32 PM
  • hi

there is old way to check if you have dual core or not

go to the run then type cmd

then on the dos prompt type this command ( systeminfo )

and check the processors if you have 2 processor that's mean you have daul core on your pc

if the processor give you just one that's mean you don't have .

this command will give you all the information on your system

like the bios , os manuf , os config , os build , product id , system , ram ,  update , network

check it .

and good luck

Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:42 AM
  • hey dude,

I'm also not shure about that,

so i did what u said and it gave me this message(obout processors):

2 processors intaled

(01):x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping

(02):x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping

so my one is dual-core?

thanks
    Monday, May 5, 2008 9:03 PM
  • Umm, what does this have to do with Windows Home Server hardware?  And if you want to use this system for WHS then you don't want to also use it as a gaming machine.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:45 AM
  •  

hi

yeah dude this mean you have dual core

Smile

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 11:33 AM
  • hey,
    I had the same problem and I tried the way who said  typed "systeminfo" at command mode..
    it show I have two cores...
    but when I used the CPUZ, it told me that I have 1 core  ,2 threads

so...

I thought that it just mean my cpu is one core..

My CPU information is listed below:
    Processer Name : Intel Pentium 4 630
    Package            : Socket 775 LGA

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:50 PM
  • krisno, that's a Prescott processor. It's a single core CPU with hyperthreading support. Hyperthreading makes it look to the OS like it's got 2 cores.
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 3:04 PM
  • To complicate maters more, the "systeminfo" dos comand doesnt work with AMD processors as my dual core reports as only being one processor. I also use CPUZ and that reports all you need to know about your processor, memory and motherboard.
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 8:17 PM
  • http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/7838/eng/pidenu21.msi&agr=N&ProductID=1881&DwnldId=7838&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All%20Operating%20Systems&lang=eng

or goto www.intel.com and search  for  ( processor ID utility )  , download and install it. Look for all the tab in the utility you will get all your answers.

-niladri

Monday, April 13, 2009 3:14 PM