none
I have a UWP app, how I can make that live on HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset & Acer mixed reality headset? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a UWP app live on XBOX One and desktop, how I can make that live on HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset & Acer mixed reality headset?

If I will test my app on these 2 headset and app working perfect then It will work perfect on HoLoLens? or I need to test this for HoloLens also?

Saturday, July 8, 2017 8:48 AM

All replies

• For help with Mixed Reality development please post in the Mixed Reality forums on http://forums.hololens.com There are tutorials in the Mixed Reality dev center on how to enable your app for MR. You'll want to test separately on HoloLens and MR headsets, and you'll likely want some different code. The HoloLens and MR headsets use the same Holographic API, but the generally have different controllers, different views, and different power available. MR headsets usually pair with handheld or XBox controllers, while the HoloLens generally targets gaze and air gestures (it can use the others, but that's less common). The HoloLens overlays holographic images on a real optical view, while the MR headsets you mention render everything the user sees. The HoloLens is a fully contained mobile device, while the MR headsets run on generally high powered desktop CPU and GPUs.
    Saturday, July 8, 2017 7:20 PM
  • UWP app may run on HoloLens and other MR devices. And If I have app developed UWP app running on XBOX & desktop. As per UWP tutorial that app will run on HoloLens and other MR devices.
    Sunday, July 9, 2017 7:11 AM
  • Correct. UWP apps run on HoloLens and other MR devices. For questions or discussions about doing so please post in the Mixed Reality forums.
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:47 PM