none
diffrence between ProjectAuthorName,projectOwnerresourceUID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2010. I want to know the difference B\w ProjectAuthorName , projectOwnerresourceUID.

I have two project, Project A and Project B ,On PWA owner is XX for both and when i check in database (reporting )

here i find three field

1.ProjectAuthorName

2.projectOwnerresourceUID

3.ProjectManagerName

for Project A ProjectAuthorName=xx but projectOwnerresourceUID =XX.

for project B ProjectAuthorName=XX but projectOwnerresourceUID =yy.

and when i changed the owner for project B YY to xx it shows

for project B ProjectAuthorName=XX but projectOwnerresourceUID =XX in database.

And ProjectManagerName is Blank for both the project.

So my question is :what is ProjectAuthorName and if projectOwnerresourceUID provide value for Owner field in PWA then what is the significance of ProjectAuthorName and what is ProjectManagerName and why it is blank.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:59 PM

Answers

• ProjectAuthorName = a file property value. You can get to this in Project 2010 by going to File -> Info -> Project Information (right part of the screen under the image) -> Advanced Properties -> Author.

ProjectOwnerName = The owner of the project. This by default is the first person to save the project. It is used for category permissions.

ProjectOwnerResourceUID = Is the GUID of the ProjectOwnerName. You can use this to join on the MSP_EpmResource_UserView view to get more resource info.

ProjectManagerName = a file property value. You can get to this in Project 2010 by going to File -> Info -> Project Information (right part of the screen under the image) -> Advanced Properties -> Manager.

• Proposed as answer by Chad Olson Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kirteshtiw Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:55 PM

All replies

• Off the top of my head, ProjectAuthorName is the person who first created the project schedule. I presume it was derived from the original Project Owner (ProjectOwnerResourceUID). ProjectOwnerResourceUID on the other hand is always the current Project Owner/Manager. Use this to link off to the MSP_EpmResource_UserView for additional resource related info. I think ProjectManagerName is always the name of the ProjectOwnerResourceUID field but saves you the hassle of linking to the resource view to derive the name if all you require from the Project view is the name of the Project Owner.

Regards,

Piet Remen
    http://pietremen.blogspot.com.au

• Proposed as answer by shelldor23 Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:14 PM
  • ProjectAuthorName = a file property value. You can get to this in Project 2010 by going to File -> Info -> Project Information (right part of the screen under the image) -> Advanced Properties -> Author.

ProjectOwnerName = The owner of the project. This by default is the first person to save the project. It is used for category permissions.

ProjectOwnerResourceUID = Is the GUID of the ProjectOwnerName. You can use this to join on the MSP_EpmResource_UserView view to get more resource info.

ProjectManagerName = a file property value. You can get to this in Project 2010 by going to File -> Info -> Project Information (right part of the screen under the image) -> Advanced Properties -> Manager.

• Proposed as answer by Chad Olson Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kirteshtiw Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 8:55 PM