Workflow failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

i have created one workflow that send mail on birthday of contact.

here is a definition and error that i got when workflow execute.

and when i open failed workflow it show me this error

So, Where is the problem??

please suggest me solution..

Kartik Associative Software engineer, Synoverge Tech Pvt. Ltd. Ahmedabad

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:52 PM

Answers

• A workflow can't call itself, or CRM's loop detection will be triggered.

you could make a plugin that sent emails every morning for all users that have their birthday that day, or an Advanced Find with birthday equaling today and then just sending the email to the group from a template.

Alternately, you could mess with loop detection in CRM, but that is dangerous, as you could actually create infinite loops that can bring CRM to its knees.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

You are 100% wrong, Wayne.

Workflow can call itself. Question is execution timeout should be used.

>>Kartik

Check following article - http://gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com/2011/05/quite-often-we-have-business-process.html#

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:23 PM
  • thanks wayne,

thanks andrii,

i got my answer.

i created one field with datetime type and use some JavaScript that put value in new field like below.

if birthday field is 3/5/2000

then new birthday field is 3/5/2011

and i have used above workflow with this new birthday. so loop have to run maximum 2 time.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:37 AM

All replies

you could make a plugin that sent emails every morning for all users that have their birthday that day, or an Advanced Find with birthday equaling today and then just sending the email to the group from a template.

Alternately, you could mess with loop detection in CRM, but that is dangerous, as you could actually create infinite loops that can bring CRM to its knees.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:09 PM

You are 100% wrong, Wayne.

Workflow can call itself. Question is execution timeout should be used.

>>Kartik

Check following article - http://gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com/2011/05/quite-often-we-have-business-process.html#

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Follow Andriy on Twitter

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Obvously not 100% wrong as noted in that blog, but yes, it look like that delay might do it.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:26 PM
  • thanks wayne,

thanks andrii,

i got my answer.

i created one field with datetime type and use some JavaScript that put value in new field like below.

if birthday field is 3/5/2000

then new birthday field is 3/5/2011

and i have used above workflow with this new birthday. so loop have to run maximum 2 time.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:37 AM