Blank Windows Home Server Console screen RRS feed

• Question

• Re-installed system from a backup and now the Windows Home Server Console screen is blank.  Server appears to be working fine, back ups work, and access to drives are all good.  Just can't access the console because it is a blank blue screen. 

Friday, April 10, 2009 9:42 PM

All replies

• If you log in to your server using remote desktop, and run the console that way, what happens?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, April 10, 2009 9:54 PM
  • Still a blue blank screen. 
    Friday, April 10, 2009 9:54 PM
  • Do you mean you get a blank blue screen when you log in using remote desktop? Try rebooting your server.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 10:02 PM
  • I have the same problem...

When logging in via remote desktop with a different user during the last weeks I got a message sometimes that the max. No. of connections had been reached.

Now, I get the blank blue screen no matter if I log in via remote desktop or the whs tray symbol. Even setting back the the console didn't change anything.

My homeserver's blue power LED keeps blinking and the "Backup function" isn't available any more. The drives are accessible.

I have booted a couple of times, pulled the plug etc., no change...
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 6:14 PM
  • I have the same problem...
    Even if it seems like your problem is identical, could you please post a separate thread with your issue? Including a bit more information about your server wouldn't hurt, either. :)

Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:20 PM
  • I tried but when entering the question I don't get any forums to choose from and like this can't send the ne topic.

maybe someone can still help me?!?

it's this model: http://de.ts.fujitsu.com/home/products/home_server/scaleo_homeserver.html
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:35 PM
  • Click on "ask a question". It's at the top of every page, including this one. It will put it in this forum by default, because that's where you're clicking it; there's a link you could click if you really needed to change forums (but you shouldn't need to).

Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:20 PM