Blocking Issue on Installation - Bugged in Connect RRS feed

• Question

• After going through phase one of setup successfully (vista looking setup), clean reboot, textmode completes successfully at 'rebooting computer' and after this step, once BIOS and POST finish, the computer hangs at Verifying DMI Pool Data (the handoff step from BIOS to the HD).  The hardware is a AMD 64 bit based motherboard and chip, 2 gig RAM, four HDs (one SATA with successfully loaded driver during vista portion).  Bugged in connect as a validation to similar issue: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/Validation.aspx?FeedbackID=263792

Can anyone assist with a workaround or further validation?

Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:48 AM

Answers

• I was able to finally install - what I did was disable SATA on the motherboard and use the plain ol ATA drive to complete the install, then re-enabled SATA and installed the driver...works now!  Hope you can accomplish this also.
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:09 PM

All replies

• Have you tried reseting the BIOS to defaults? Also, are there any updates to the BIOS from your motherboard manufacturer?
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:19 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion - I thought about that too, but this machine was used for Vista beta testing and also Windows 2003 R2 beta testing without any troubles so I would like to think that the bootloader just has some minor issue - I'll keep playing with it - what would be great would be to have the ability to get to a command prompt from the DVD setup so I can see what's going on with the primary partitiion!  Any ideas on how to get such a thing to happen?
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:05 PM
  • I was able to finally install - what I did was disable SATA on the motherboard and use the plain ol ATA drive to complete the install, then re-enabled SATA and installed the driver...works now!  Hope you can accomplish this also.
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:09 PM