Non-Genuine Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same problem and it also says my current license key ends in VPK3J

If I were a victim through no fault of my own, why spend $150 for a new improved XP which can prevent license theft when the one I had before could not?

Piracy or revenue stream for Microsoft?
    • Split by Stephen Holm Monday, April 13, 2009 5:16 PM Splitting thread
    Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hello Bawz,

Bawz we can't control where customers purchase Office or Windows. Also we can't control where computers are serviced. What we have seen happen is computers were turned in for repair and systems were returned with a non-genuine version of Windows. This puts a burden on you as a customer. First we need you to run the MgA Diagnostic Tool.  Please read the announcements located @ the top of the WGA Forum. You will be provided with directions for running the tool.  I have a few questions for you also:

-  What type of computer do you own?
        -- Major manufacturer
        --  Built by a local shop

-  Where was the computer purchased from?

-  Has your computer ever been turned in for repair?  If so where was the system turned in to?

Take care for now

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, April 20, 2009 9:19 PM
    Monday, April 13, 2009 5:24 PM