none
MSDN Settings RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry for this question., it has to do with my notifications:

How do I recieve replies to my question posts to go to my email address. I have to log in and check my questions and rather just get an email.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:17 PM Forums related (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:27 PM

Answers

• Kevin,

When you are posting something to a forum, you can checkmark the box at the bottom that says: "Alert me when someone responds to this post".  Also, in your Alerts section for your account, you can setup Alert settings under "Configure Alerts".  You can also get here by going to "My Settings".  You can setup the email address you want the alerts sent to, and if by default you always want an email when you post something.

In the future questions like this should probably be posted in one of the general help forums like the "Forums Issues" forum.

Tom Overton
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Kevin, you have to go to "My Settings" enter an email, and then it'll send you a confirmation that you have to click after that gets delivered to the email you put in. From that point forward, you click "Alert Me" on any thread you want to get email updates for or when you reply you will see an additional option to "Alert me when someone responds to this post". Good luck!
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, August 19, 2011 3:46 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Kevin,

When you are posting something to a forum, you can checkmark the box at the bottom that says: "Alert me when someone responds to this post".  Also, in your Alerts section for your account, you can setup Alert settings under "Configure Alerts".  You can also get here by going to "My Settings".  You can setup the email address you want the alerts sent to, and if by default you always want an email when you post something.

In the future questions like this should probably be posted in one of the general help forums like the "Forums Issues" forum.

Tom Overton
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Kevin, you have to go to "My Settings" enter an email, and then it'll send you a confirmation that you have to click after that gets delivered to the email you put in. From that point forward, you click "Alert Me" on any thread you want to get email updates for or when you reply you will see an additional option to "Alert me when someone responds to this post". Good luck!
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, August 19, 2011 3:46 AM
    Answerer