Office Communicator 2007 Client cannot login + Sitecom router RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been looking everywhere but I cannot seem to find the solution.

• When I login to Office Communicator via a direct connection to the cable router I can connect correctly.
    • When I am on my wireless LAN and I connect to Office Communicator I cannot connect. And I get the following in my event viewer:

Communicator could not connect securely to server xxxx.xxxx.com because the certificate presented by the server did not match the expected hostname

• When I connect to the VPN network of my company over the wireless LAN, I can connect correctly.

I have a Sitecom wl302 wireless N router, and I have tried putting my laptop on the dmz, disabling the firewall, ... but nothing seems to help.

Previously I had a D-link router and with this one it was no problem connecting over the wireless lan.

I really need it to work without being connected to the VPN all of the time.

Thanks in advance...

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:58 PM

All replies

• When the computer is moved to the WiFi network does it receive a different set of DNS servers in a DHCP lease?  It sounds like you are resolving the OCS server using differetn FQDNs between the wired and wireless connections, which would explain a certificate name mismatch.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:53 PM