none
Duplicate posts and bleached text in the Edit window RRS feed

• Question

• I have three issues:

1. duplicate posts. They appear when a user marks a post or posts as "answer." It is simply ridiculous. There are perhaps hundreds of thousands of duplicates now in the forums I presume. All old post in older threads have also been duplicated.

2. The second issue is the low contrast of the typed text when you type it into the edit window. Strangely, it is not the case in this forum. It seems to be forum dependent or varies from thread to thread, I don't know. Many a time the text is barely visible. Then, after you posted it the contrast improves and now you see all your typos.

Why can't you guys do anything right? The quality of your job is so low, it is hard to explain. That editing problem which is now completely resolved took almost a year of fight to have it fixed. And along the way you persistently denied it.

I told you many times: take Hardware Forums as example. I am sure they are using MS fonts. Why cannot you do what they did? What they did is natural, works well, never fails, has pleasant looks, the font is small but the contrast is superb. Sign up for the forums and start a thread just to experience it and see what the difference it makes.

It is just disgusting. People spend hours here and you waste our time because of your laziness or incompetence. Or both.

3. And the third issue is tripling the spaces between the lines of the code you posted in the code block window if you reopen a post and try to edit it. Many threads look so ugly because of that. How in the world did you manage to do it? You've must have made a special effort to demonstrate the effect.

The whole world is using MSDN forums. Can't you maintain a decent standard? None of you are worth your mettle.
    AlexB
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• It also would have been nice if you provided for an option to change the selection of the language for the code posted in the window. I often forget to set it when I type. Too many things to take care of. Then when I view my post after Submit I can see that it is set for asp.net istead of Sql. What can I do? If I open the Edit again, there will be no button to change that. Why did you do it? How can you be so neglectful? Do you ever post yourself?

Again, even if the button were available it could not have been used because the original tesxt now will be triple spaced and look nasty. Once I went thru the whole code and manually removed end of line characters to close the gaps between the lines. I don't want to do it again.

It makes me angry, because we are dealing with idiots, pure idiots. Google would have never allowed such a low quality jobs to be done. All other websites look great. Take a look at Amazon.com. You can use their search engine. What is wrong with yours? It is preposterous. There are so many repeats! No additional options at all! Everything is just clumped together. Today the same keyword produced two totally different results when repeated! This is just crazy. I could not see any classes for Calendar class showing up at all on occasionas. Then you click a second time and lo and behold here he comes! The same kwywords!

People have been telling you for years that the search engine is a joke, Are you waiting for Yahoo to fix it? That Edit lunacy required a 3-rd party intervention, I guess, or a 4-th party.
    AlexB
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:58 PM
  • One more lunacy. At times when I try to edit a post it opens with all htmp tags. One ha to navigate oneself thru them and find the text lines among them.

It happens once in about 50 openings.
    AlexB
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 12:06 AM
  • >It happens once in about 50 openings.

One in 50 is good. It seems to happen every time when I edit *the same* reply exactly three times in succession.

(Of course this could mean one in 50 openings if you don't edit the same post very often!)

WSS FAQ sites: WSS 2.0: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007: http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language titles) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:57 AM
  • You see, this bug is also user sensitive:) How did they do it? This is a stroke of genious.
    AlexB
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:34 PM
  • Cannot repro. Should be fixed now. Reply if you can repro this.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:02 AM
    Owner