Multi Head Multi Server Full Dome Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I'm currently playing around trying to get WWT to work on 3 servers, the first server has 4 video outputs the second and third have 3 outputs. I have set up a 4:3 matrix video wall with the config file and also a single render node to projector multi node full dome system before as well, i'm trying to find a way to assign a node id to each of the matrix outputs if thats possible. has anyone ever done this or know a way to do this?

Mike

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:42 PM

Answers

• We don't yet support this directly, but you can create a mesh warp for the full dome using the dome setup, and treat each span of monitors as a single wide (or tall) display, and then remove the bezels with the warp. You need to create a customer warp file (to Paul Pourke's format). Before switching the node away from master, load the warp in dome setup, and set for flat rendeirng. The custom warp will let you segment your virtual monitor span to cut out the pixels under the bezel gaps. Once you are finished with than, then you can turn off the master flag and configure the rest of the config file to get the spans to work together.

If you have any issues, please e-mail support at wwtpage at Microsoft dot com.

Jonathan

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:39 PM