Echo not detecting 0kb or missing files RRS feed

• Question

• I was using SyncToy 2.0 to Echo a folder of about 5GB of files to a network drive overnight last night. It finished with errors and many of the larger files ended up being on the network drive but 0kb. When I reran the Echo it did not detect a problem between the two sets. I deleted the 0kb files and reran the Echo and it would not even detect that the files were missing on the network drive. What is going on? Is there a cache I need to clear or something????????
    Sunday, October 26, 2008 5:41 PM

Answers

• You could delete the folder pair and re-create it to re-synchronize everything. SyncToy will only try to Echo files which are not present on the right.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:24 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

see the Short Explanation of Echo

"New and updated files are copied left to right. Renames and deletes on the left are repeated on the right."

so Echo just do a left to right work.

another rule here:

to the same file if operations on the same file on left folder happens first then the right folder Echo will not sync the file.

but if right folder first then left folder change the same file, then Echo will sync the file left to right.

So you delete the files on the right folder surely will not work.But if the big file in the left folder changed later, then it will be sync to the right again.

so possibly ways you can do (just suggestions):

1. delete the old pair and create a new Echo pair to the same folder pair, sync it .

2.change the big file in the left folder then it will be synced to the right folder.

3.manually copy it from left to right, if no change to the big files in the left folder. Otherwise the changes (after synced and before copy operation) to the big files in the left folder will not sync to right folder.

Thanks.

Baoke

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:13 AM
  • You could delete the folder pair and re-create it to re-synchronize everything. SyncToy will only try to Echo files which are not present on the right.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:24 PM
    Answerer