none
Impossible to setup NNTP access RRS feed

• Question

• Why has Microsoft turned NNTP newsgroup access into a science? I have 2 masters and 1 PhD, MCSE, MCT, and I cannot configure my PC to access newsgroups as I used to with Outlook Express.

I have Windows 7 and Office 2010.

First of all, I cannot use Outlook which is my prefered client so I had to download Windows Live Mail just to discover that I get an error connecting to forum due to Firewall or Antivirus. I disabled both but it's still the same.

Then I saw that I have to use Connect bridge, so I downloaded that just to discover again that it won't connect because I have to login to forums and enable it. So I did and it connected but I stil ht the same error.

All this took my around 5 hours of my precious and valuable time. I'm not asking for support. I'm just pissed off and give up. I don't care any more to set it up. I'll look elsewhere for 3rd party public forums. Since it has become so hard, I assume that the quality of the forums must have dropped as well so don't bother to answer me. Just take it as feedback. What do you need forums if they are inaccessible?

Sunday, June 26, 2011 12:16 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback, sorry to hear you had problems. If you included the error we might be able to help but you do state that you are not asking for support. We prioritize the web forums experience and make the nntp bridge available as an option for those that want to continue using an nntp client. Let us know if you change your mind about support, we'd like to help.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, June 27, 2011 4:35 PM
    Answerer