none
Batch File Help Needed RRS feed

• General discussion

• Attempting to create a batch file that will open a program. (completed this process) 

Once open the program MAY ask for a password if it's being setup for the first time. I would like to have the batch file have a if then rule that basically tells the file if there is a password prompt automatically put this password in so that when you launch the batch file if you've setup before it just launches the program and if you haven't and it prompts for the password it puts it in for you and launches the program. 

Can someone please help I'm not good with scripts :( 

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:32 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:32 PM This is not third-party software support forum
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:43 PM

All replies

• You would need to ask the author of the program how t do that.  Generally this is not possible to do.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Batch can't handle something like that.

Please see this to set your expectations of this forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/c47b1bc2-f7fd-4d2e-8ff2-e8a81ce090d4/this-forum-is-for-scripting-questions-rather-than-script-requests?forum=ITCG

Putting passwords into scripts is never a good idea. I suggest contacting the vendor of your application to ask how to handle first time setup in an appropriate manner.

Good luck.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:53 PM
  • This isn't an actual password that noone is suppose to know. This password is simply used 2x during the setup for the program and it tells the application not to prompt for a password again as it's suppose to use a form of single sign on. 

When you launch it for the first two times it tries to sync the password and to do so it requires a generic password. I'm looking for a command that say when this process is launched (b.c the pw prompt field has it's own process name) input this password in the field. 

Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:03 PM
  • You need to ask the vendor of the program if what you are asking is possible.

This is not the right place to ask questions about specifics of third-party or custom-developed software.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:38 PM